Hi, im an 8th grader and soon going to be in the 9th grade next year :) i go to a school where its 7th-12th grade, so I'm pretty much accustomed to high school life. but im worried about my stomach  :| its like its got a mind of its own. its mostly around 9:00-11:00 am(before lunch) & 1:30-2:00 pm.(before school ends) i eat a healthy and filling breakfast, but by the time 2nd period comes around my stomach feels really empty and would make really low and LOUD growling sounds that could last for 5 seconds. im too stressed out in the mornings because of my stomach to feel hungry, but i have to force myself to eat to make my stomach happy :/ i dont know whats wrong this never happened to me in 1st-5th grade... im in the healthy fitness zone and i eat healthy and excersize.. i also try not to eat gassy foods, chew slowly, not suck in air while drinking or eating, and ive tried remedies like eating tums, packing snacks, changing sitting positions, and going to the restroom. Finals and then STAR tests are just around the corner, and like all victims of loud stomach growling, ive grown a fear of quiet/testing rooms. ive read other people's posts and tried all the remedies but to no avail, so i decided to post this. i realize this may be getting to my head and none of my peers have ever complained to me or acknowledged my stomach noises, but i am conscious that others around me can hear it and i am generally pretty shyyyyy... anyways, thanks for reading and all reccomendations are appreciated    :-)  

<3hope your k

Mostly in class (and usually when the room is guiet!!) my stomach growled(i i never was a bit hungry when it growled) and when i tried to stop this it growled more but recently i tried to really ignore it. that sounds weird maybe but i tried to ignore it completely and just let the stomach growl because i didn't know what to do anymore.

and then if someone laughed or if i got a few looks i just smiled it away and when i took this stomach growling thing lightly and didn't fuss over it , it didn't really matter if it growled or not cuz i didn't care anymore. And i think now my stomach growls a whole lot less than earlier and i don't worry about it so much.

Even at class i could pay more attention cuz i didn't have to worry about my stomach growling all the time.

After all they say everyone's been there and we all know how it feels when your stomach growls so how embarassing can it really be!

Anyways i hope i helped you in some way at least and i hope you find a solution to this problem cuz i know how big a problem it was for me.

Good luck to you!

(i posted this in another person's page who had the same question)

Not sure if you already solved this problem, but I suffered from this for years. No doctor or remedy helped until recently. I found a book by Kathy Freston about eliminating "the big 5" to give your body a rest for 21 days. The "big 5" are gluten, all dairy including meat, sugar, alcohol, and sugar. I am 10days into this program and ALL noises stopped. I don't know yet which of the big 5 caused the noise but I think it might be gluten. When the 21 days are over I'm going to add back in each item one at a time so I will know what to avoid to eliminate the problem. I didn't have any previous painful intolerances of gluten or dairy so I never thought to eliminate them. The library carries her books so try to find the one that is about a 21 day cleanse. Knowing the cause of the horrible stomach growling is life changing!

Don't sweat it. It is a problem for me as well. I am 33 and I have had the problem my whole life. High school, college, now work. Nothing fixes it for me. Some people just are noisy when they digest food. My remedy is to eat once a day. I eat at 5pm when I get home from work. Otherwise I drink things throughout the day to give me energy. I never eat breakfast or lunch if I know I am in a place where I will feel awkward. It really isn't hard to do. Try eating only after yur day is over. I find that a lack of sleep makes it worse.

Having loud digestion isn't that unusual, I have found. I think a lot of people think their digestion is louder than it really is to others. My feeling is that you are still growing big time. You for sure need to be eating- and maybe you need to be eating more frequently and drinking more fluids. You can't go wrong with drinking more fluids.

Good luck with it- in the end you don't want your health to suffer because you do crazy stuff to keep your stomach from growling. 

If your stomach starts growling, do not suck in or tighten up your stomach, as it will only make it growl more! Relax your stomach to reduce growling

I think this is awesome reply. how are you today?