Hi I've googled a lot on this topic and can't find a straight answer. When I eat breakfast a lot of times I go to school and my stomach starts growling and making noises after I've already eaten and I'm full. It usually only happens after I eat breakfast (not sure why)...my usual breakfast is some waffles and some oatmeal. I originally thought coffee was causing the problem so I cut it out, it seemed to help a little bit but it hasn't stopped the issue. Every day I have to go in school and worry about whether my stomach is going to make these sounds like I'm farting or something lol..it's kind of ridiculous but I already have social issues and this really isn't helping at all lol. I don't have any diharrea, vomiting, lactose intolerance (I already "tested" for this by cutting milk/dairy stuff out of my diet for a while, didn't change anything) or major stomach pains...sometimes my stomach feels a little upset around the time when it's going to do it, but there's been a lot of times where it just completely comes out of nowhere. I didn't have these problems until about a year ago. I just thought I'd come here and see if anyone can help, thanks

yea i have the same problem too, its embarrassing.... i heard you can get stuff like gas-x and try that

i HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM. Most embarassing when I am in a meeting in a quite room. I was told by my doctor to avoid foods with gluten, wheat, dairy, coffee, any food with yeast and so on. I little amount of crackers helps sometimes in calming down my rebelious stomach. I am diagnosed with acid reflux but that has little to do with it. doctor said.

I am exactly the same as you, it is always at it's worst when I'm full and I've been experimenting with my diet but no one food seems to be causing the gurgling noises and it's becoming a real problem, especially in some of my quieter classes!! I just hope it's not something I'm just going to have to live with!!

Quote:

Guest wrote:

i remember i had this problem! i used to anticipate the growling and id go moments holding my stomach in just n case...im not sure why it stopped....if i did anything itd be to eat more and settle with a glass of water...i didnt have anyone to talk to and from what i learned in science class i just figured my stomach was digesting the food and as it churned that little bit the excess space was squeeze teh noises out--SO I FILLED IT UP.id also drink a whole glass of water to help the digesting be quieter. GOOD LUCK

Mostly in class (and usually when the room is guiet!!) my stomach growled(i i never was a bit hungry when it growled) and when i tried to stop this it growled more but recently i tried to really ignore it. that sounds weird maybe but i tried to ignore it completely and just let the stomach growl because i didn't know what to do anymore.

and then if someone laughed or if i got a few looks i just smiled it away and when i took this stomach growling thing lightly and didn't fuss over it , it didn't really matter if it growled or not cuz i didn't care anymore. And i think now my stomach growls a whole lot less than earlier and i don't worry about it so much.

Even at class i could pay more attention cuz i didn't have to worry about my stomach growling all the time.

After all they say everyone's been there and we all know how it feels when your stomach growls how embarassing can it really be!

Anyways i hope i helped you in some way at least and i hope you find a solution to this problem cuz i know how big a problem it was for me.

Good luck to you!

i always used to get this in school till i tried intermittent fasting i stop eating at 8pm till 1-2pm so i only eat for 6hours a day. this can also help you lose weight and you will be able to focus at school or work

I have the exact same issue! My schoolnurse told me that it might be because of stress, so I tried to take it easy for a while which helped (a little). It's so incredibly embarrassing though, I feel you bro.

This is probably gastritis, a lot of people in my country have it and it's usually nothing dangerous.

I have this too.  It is caused by a bacteria that is passed through saliva.  Did you kiss someone that has this, share drinks, or share utensils?  I got it from a kiss.  The guy didn't even use his tongue, but there was definite saliva swappage.  Now my stomach growls like his.

You can go to a dentist that does "oral dna" testing.  There are 3 oral dna tests.  One for genetic predisposition for periodontal disease, one for oral hpv testing, and one for bacterial analysis.  Get the one for bacterial analysis.  Unfortunately the test is so new that insurance will not cover it.  It will cost around $175.  For best results, don't gargle any mouthwash before going, as this could momentarily reduce the bacteria in your mouth.

The bacteria on my chart says it's "refractive" as in, resists treatment.  But there were other bacteria on my chart as well, so you may not have the same ones I have.  The guy that gave this to me has had it for about 15 years.  He knew he was giving it to me but went ahead anyway.  He did not warn me. 

I just want to add, I know with 100% certainty that this is passed through saliva.  Saliva is the only thing me and this guy swapped.  There was no down and dirty or even "feely uppy."  All of my symptoms mirror his.

What's more, when I first told him about my stomach problems, he asked if I had a white tongue.  I said no, but then 3 months after the kiss I got the first white tongue of my life.  The reason people are not connecting this with saliva is because it takes time for the symptoms to show.  It was about a month after the kiss when the borborygmi started for me.

Everyone has been taught to believe saliva is safe.  Sharing drinks and kissing are so common.  Stomach problems are also so common.  Not all stomach problems are contagious, but this one is!

Ahh i've always had this problem. It is so embarrassing. It also happened while i was having sex. I have no idea how to stop it. 

Really embarassing... once we were silent reading and everyone heard..

It sounds like your body is trying to digest food and is maybe struggling to do it.  Try taking digestive enzymes with your breakfast and see if it helps any.  I wouldn't hold back on cost either.  I'd go for the quality brands they work a lot better.

Most of the time it's because your stomach is just digesting what it just ate.