For the last year now, I have had odd symptoms going on. I've went to several doctors, but none can seem to find anything wrong with me. I have missed a lot of school days this year due to the health issues I have had.
Most of my problems consist of:

Moderate to severe stomach cramping
Moderate and constant stomach pain (usually located around the belly button area)
Hunger, then loss of appetite after eating something
Migraines (usually on the right side of my head)
Odd metallic taste in my mouth prior to eating something
Inability to consume or drink anything with caffeine in it (day after I have a stomach "hangover" in which I dry vomit and develop severe stomach cramping.
Inability to eat foods that consist of: high amount of dairy, high amount of meat, certain sauces, certain spices and even sometimes a certain consistency of food can throw my stomach off for a few days.
Inside of mouth chewing, tearing skin flags off until I bleed

I'm sick of doctors telling me there is nothing wrong with me (when I know there is!) and giving me bad prescriptions to cover it up. Both my dad and my grandpa have this exact same problem. My grandpa has resorted to eating his cereal with water instead of milk because he gets sick so easily. My Grandpa and I also had a bout of pyloric stenosis. I had surgery for mine when I was a baby, and my grandpa just barely had his taken care of.

does anyone have any idea what this could be?? Maybe a return of the stenosis??

Thanks!

I'm sorry to hear that you are dealing with these problems because I know it can't be fun. It sounds a lot like you are suffering and it would be helpful to get answers to your problems but it sounds like your doctors aren't helping you. To me it sounds like you could possibly have an ulcer or something more serious going on. It's difficult to say because the symptoms are varied. I think that you might want to ask your physician for a second opinion and ask for a specialist in gastroenterology. Hopefully that can help but it's hard to say. I apologize that I can't help more. Keep us posted.

I have the same type of headache a pounding sensation an i have had these cold sweats .I never been sick until now my mom thinks it could b my blood pressure do to that i eat spicy foods .

OMG! I have been having the exact same problems. The cheek chewing ever since i can remember and also the headaches. more recently with the stomach issues, with bloating. i have seen a GI specialist and have had lots of tests done, which have all been normal. i take about 8 diff meds a day that sorta manage everything, but only very little.

The stomach issues sound like a GI tract infection, IBS, lactose intolerance or ulcer. Any could account for the cramping, inability to process certain foods and the odd taste.

As for the migraines and mouth chewing, your stomach issues could be causing stress that is leading to anxiety (or vice versa), causing you headaches. The mouth chewing is a nervous tic (not unlike chewing your fingernails). I would suggest a visit to a gastroenterologist, and maybe some sessions with a psychologist. Btw, I've had just about all of the above, and I take Axert for migraines and Prilosec for stomach. The symptoms are manageable. And I switched to sugar-free gum instead of chewing my cheek.

Best wishes to you, I sympathize and hope you find some relief.

A late response. Not a return of the PS (unless you are starving to death again) but it could be after-effects - check out adhesions, gastric after- effects, or PTSD from the surgery: the bruxing raises my thoughts of PTSD. There's a lot on the web about people with all these. See a GI specialist if you can't live with the problems.

It's quite some time since you wrote this but I expect your issues won't have changed all that much. What you write is quite possibly a combination of the organic and psychological effects of your and your grandpa's PS surgery. The aches and dietary problems are very common and report on the PS forum pages of Facebook, MedHelp, Topix and PatientUK. They are the result of the high gastric acid that causes PS and doesn't change after the op; also adhesions developed by the op. The migraine and mouth chewing are not common but I have several reports on file; this surgery used to be done in ways that could affect emotional health. Feel free to contact me if you'd like more information.