I'm a 26 year old female. Don't drink, don't smoke. Healthy diet. I had a c-section about 7 months ago and over the course of the last 3 or 4 months have noticed weird intestinal pain. (although this could be totally unrelated)
First off, it seems I am nauseous ALL THE TIME. 75% of the time, I develop weird severe cramp-like pains after eating...usually within 15 minutes of finishing the food. They peak about 45 minutes after eating and calm down within 30 minutes after. It's hard to describe the pain. It starts right under my rib cage in the center (not heartburn/not chest pain) and moves to around my belly button. The pain is sometimes soooo bad. I get extremely nauseous and have to sit very still until everything passes.
I also notice that when I have an empty stomach, I pass ALOT of gas and have ALOT of tummy rumbling. Usually in the mornings, I have discomfort around the belly button, until I eat. Then I'm fine until the pain kicks in. I'm almost scared to eat sometimes because I'm so tired of feeling bad.
I ALWAYS have a metallic-ish taste in my mouth. Feels like my tongue is burning. It gets somewhat relieved by chewing gum. The taste alone makes me queasy.
I was having a good intestinal day when I visited my GP, so I forgot to mention the intestinal issues and only brought up the nausea and bad taste because they were the worst problem that day. She said it sounded like severe reflux and put me on generic prilosec...which worked for about 2 weeks. Nausea is back, so is metallic taste. Of course, I failed to mention my intestinal problems at the doc's visit. I could kick myself! So, I am posting to see if anyone has had any experiences like this.
I am so tired of this. From what I have found online, it seems like it could be anything. Some of my symptoms fit some things, but not entirely...So I'm just lost!
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Was wondering if these were a result of c-section or what.

Hi there,

Do you still have the pain or did it eventually go away?

My symptoms are almost the same. It all started 2 or 3 months after my baby’s birth. I went to the doctor and he said that he thinks it’s due to breast feeding and that I loose to much fluids and therefore need to take in 2 liter water each day.

I also started to take probiotics as well which helps for irritable bowl syndrome. It seems to help a bit and my pain is not so extreme any more, but I still struggle with this pain after I have ate, the pain sometimes lasts an hour or more and then my lower back starts to hurt. I’m not constantly nauseous, but if the pain is strong I do feel nauseous.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

i have gerd, i've been taking prilosec for 2 years now, i have the same pain, right under my rib cage and the nausea, it took about 2-3 weeks before the prilosec really started working. I have never had metallic taste in my mouth until two days ago, when I bought generic prilosec at wal-mart, I just wonder if it's making me have the terrible taste? I too, didn't get any of these symptoms until after a pregnancy.

Don't want to be scary but metallic taste can be a sign of a leakage of spinal fluid from the brain--rare but not unknown

I'm 17 years old. I have the exact same problems. Nausea after eating and the horrible pain under my rib cage. The doctor gave me prilosec and it did nothing. I've gotten an upper GI with barium to check for ulcers and a ultra sound of my gullbladder. They both were clean. I am going to be getting a CT scan of my abdominal and pelvic region later this week. And I just received a new medication but nothing works. I have not had kids and I don't drink or smoke. But so far, doctors can't find anything wrong.

my boyfriend has the same problems as you all have described. He tried different things but the only thing that seems to work is Regad. I may be spelling it wrong. It was from bad heartburn due to a hiatal hernia of the stomach.

Apparently, it can be eased by tilting your bed, (you can buy wedges at bed, bath, and beyond) or by eating smaller frequent meals. Now, this hasn't completely stopped his symptoms and he gets it everyday.

He did seem to get some comfort from a muscle relaxer called Ultram ER. Its an extended release formula. He takes it at night when the pain its the worst and feels better most of the next day.

Our doctor said that it would be beneficial to get surgery. Hopefully, this works because she said if nothing else helps (the pills and eating better), then it will just get worse without the surgery.

Hope this helps you some.

My son had the same problems twice. The first time the doctors put him on Prilosec and that helped for the first few days and then the symptoms returned. They finally did an x-ray of his intestines and found that he literally was full of s*&t. Although he had normal bowel movements, there were some areas of the intestine that had layers blocking normal passage. It could still get by, but the pains were from the movement and trying to get by. They gave him a prescription laxative that was a powdered substance that you could mix with any type of drink. Basically it cleaned him out and he was good to go.

The second time this happened was years later. We figured it was the same problem, so we tried the laxative again. This time it didn't work. After numerous different diagnosis, one being acid reflux, gastro, etc. I finally made the doctor take a bowel sample to check for something/anything. They found that he had a parasite in his intestines. They said he probably got it from either eating undercooked chicken or touching chickens (or any type of fowl). We live in the country so my son duck and turkey hunts and his favorite fast food is chicken, so no telling which one he got it from. Any way, they gave him an strong antibotic and after the regimine we did the laxative again. It worked. That was over a year ago and he hasn't had any symptoms since then.

Not sure if this may be your problem, but it's worth a shot.

bowlegged wrote:

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

It sounds like ur gallbladder most likely.

Hi, I am 18 years old and about a week ago now i went out to dinner with a friend and mind you
for the week previous i hadnt been eating hardly ne thing, due to being a poor college student
who just moved into her dorm :p..but ne ways needles to say my stomach was much smaller, and i went
out to lunch and could barley eat half the sandwhich and afterwards felt very very bloated...but i figured
it would go away...its been almost a week now and when i wake up and all day my lower abdominals
feel literally blown up and pushed out....very painful and looks like i gained almost 10 pounds...i am a big
athlete and work out every day, so i know this isnt the case...i eat mainly organic foods...and i am taking
digestive enzymes and pro-biotics to help with the brake down of food...but it still doesnt seem to help..
and so when i read the article about this ladies son it made me wonder....
because although im going to the bathroom and having bowel movements it almost seems like there is
some left inside the intestines?!?!?!
HElP?!?!?!?!?!?!

Painfully Bloated

I have been dealing with these same kinds of symptoms for over a year now. The stomach pain got so bad that I was hospitalized over the summer (pain in the center, under my rib cage, and then pain in my back right side... and yes they checked my gall bladder). I have seen more doctors than I can count on two hands, and no one seems to have an answer. I am also a college student (18 years old), and have not had kids. I have had every single test done (blood test after blood test, upper GI with follow through, stomach emptying test, HIDA scan with CCK, upper endoscopy, CTs, ultrasounds). It wasn't until August '09 that I really developed the lower intestinal issues. They are so severe that sometimes I can't move, or find myself rushing to the bathroom. This all happens immediately after eating (whatever the amount). I have been prescribed AcipHex for "acid-reflux" and have a prescription for Hyomax to try to relieve the extreme pressure and pain (this was given to me from a campus heath doctor under the assumption that this bloating and pain was related to IBS). During the past year I have noticed myself getting sicker more often than usual. January '09 I developed Valley Fever (Coccidioidomycosis..sp?), which is an south-western U.S disease, and October '09 I got Mono. One oddity that I have noticed is that I get this pain in my back, near the kidney area which I can only describe as feeling like my kidneys are dehydrated (odd yes I know). I make sure that I drink a lot of water throughout the day and use the restroom and drink water at night. This pain is a daily occurrence.
The only answers I have gotten from doctors that seem like long shots are that this could all be something with the gall bladder. While I don't understand it, two GIs have told me that there are cases where no tests show a problem of the gall bladder, but people have experienced relief from these symptoms. The other answer I got was my "diagnosis" of IBS. While a lot of my lower intestinal pain mimics the symptoms of IBS, I have a hard time believing that everything I have experienced is a simple issue with my bowels.
I have posted on other medical sites before and have never recieved answers. I know the frustration of dealing with these weird symptoms for so long. I guess making it known out there that there are people dealing with these problems might help us figure out what's going on, and not feel like we are crazy (which is a feeling that I have felt for a while with getting no answers).
Good luck everyone!

I am 19 years old, i have one child born by C-Section back in june of 08. I have bad stomach cramps and nausea after i eat along with horrible gas every time i eat. I feel much of what you are all saying, i also have a condition of chest pains related to asthma but everytime i mention these things doctors jsut put me back on Singulair which makes it all worse. I am still breastfeeding and perhaps the fluids idea is right, but drinking to much makes it worse, i wish doctors knew more about this.

Hello I'm 18 years old and I'm experiencing the same stomach nasuea and pain. At first my doctor thought it was a stomach bug, then later said it might be the acid producers in my stomach. When all of the medication he proscribed only proved a temporary fix he then scheduled an upper GI ultrasound. That came back clean and his next step is to have me go to a gastrointesiolgist. He gave me some prescription heartburn meds which seemed to help sometimes before I ran out. A RN friend of my mom also suggested that I take a couple of medications together to see if that would help, which were Previcid, and Mylanta. He said that when they are taken together it acts in two ways. One is that it coats the stomach lining so that any ulcer or other sore would get some relief. The other way is that it tones down the acid producers in the stomach much like other heartburn medications. I've noticed that even if it does not treat the actual problem which even my doctors still havent found out, when taken everyday I do get relief and am able to make it through the day. I hope that this helps and the doctors will figure it out soon.

I have had Chronic Fatigue Fibromyalsia for 7 years now. Doctor says I am put in that category because they can not find anothing wrong. In the 7 years I have had 3 major GI episodes. The first one was they found OLD blood in my stomach, but new blood coming thru my intestines and passing thru the rectum.. (very painful). They did all the tests, even the one where I had to swollow a pill with a camer on it, they found nothing. 2nd and 3rd episodes were nausea with eating certain foods, but after about a year they went away. Now I am on the 4th bout. Went to a Different GI to see if he had anything more to say. But all the tests, blood, scopies.. etc and says nothing is wrong.

So now, I am not able to function because of the nausea and pain. 2 weeks ago it was so bad, I just wanted to end it all. I don't know what to do next. GI doctor has me on Nexium and Zofran for nausea, not helping much. So I dont' know what I can do.

I'm 31 and have suffered from nausea, vomitting, problems with my bowels since I was a kid. I recently had a c-section, 4 1/2 months ago and since June I have had horrible nausea, vomitting a couple of times, and cramping, burning, and pain in my stomach. Also problems with bowel movements and pain during them as well as pain while emptying my bladder. I was diagnosed with acid reflux years ago and that got really bad towards the end of the pregnancy and now the nexium and pepcid barely help. The doctor is going to do a colonoscopy to check things out but also said it might help with scar tissue from c-section which might be causing pain in lower abdomen. He also thinks my bile duct is narrow and that pregnancy causes bile to get thicker so now I am having even more problems with the bile duct emptying. So I am getting a hyda scan and then probably a procedure to fix the bile duct that is done through an endoscopy and apparently helps with the nausea acid reflux vomitting and irritable bowel syndrome which he says I have. The ibs causes the burning cramping feeling. He also said the zofran for nausea and nexium would not help very much which is true. Perhaps you could ask your doctor about this. On another note this doctor I am seeing is the only one who does this bile duct procedure in my area. But my friend had it done through him and feels so much better. I just can't wait for the nausea and stomach pains to go away. Taking care of a baby and feeling like c**p don't mix well.

anonymous wrote:

I too need help im a 19 year old who smokes n occasionally smokes.. but ive have diarrhea, pain after eating, pain towards n near the belly button. I bearly eat cuz it hurts to eat n i was really small before i had these pains now im gaining weight! I dont even eat that much cuz i cant it hurts so it weird because im really physical all the time i have two jobs which keeps me moving all day.