My daughter is 3 years old and she seems to have some sort of viginal pain inside sometimes,it sometimes is red and irritataed,it sometimes itchy and painful during urinating and discharges a white pus sometimes but other then that she just feels pain inside her vigina,it started when she was two and its not regularly.should i take her to the doctor?Please help!

Hi Guest,

Yes, take her to her doctor.  She should not be having pain.

It is possibly a urinary tract infection.

Hope it helps.

Thankyou for your reply. I took my daughter to the Doctor and he checked but he doesnt know whats wrong,so i checked on the internet and im not too sure but i think it might be threadworms because she feels pain in the night only,she hasnt eaten much and has lost alot of weight,do you have any ideas what it might be??

Threadworms are a possibility.

I'm surprised her pediatrician couldn't find anything. Is there another doctor you could take her to?

Im sorry it took this long to reply but i have trouble logging in on this site but anyway thats beside the point.
You see i live in a small town in Papua New Guinea and that Doctor is the only childrens private Doctor in town and the hospital is of no help so i was hoping that there might be some people to help me know what it might be, on this site.
Im thinking of getting threadworm medication for her but im not too sure and im scared to give her that when its all based on assumptions,what do you think i should do???

I really hate giving any medication, even if it is available without a prescription, to a child. Especially a toddler. Anti-fungal creams are the most common treatment.

If you do decide to try make sure to follow the directions very carefully. Monitor her progress closely. If it does become worse or isn't improving you'll have to take her back to a doctor.

Good luck.