Hello. I would like to ask a question reguarding some symptoms I am having in hopes that someone might be able to tell me what it might be. I have been believed to be diagnosed by two+ doctors that I have Acid Reflux Disease. However, here are the symptoms... I have chronic indegestion, not heartburn, even if I take Prilosec, which I am currently on, and if I take another antacid on top of it. Nothing works. Or, it will work for a short period of time, and then I eat and the symptoms come back again. I feel like there is food in my throat, 70% of the time when I am awake during the day. That is whether I eat or not. Also, recently, I have started getting this feeling of, not necessarily pain, but like pressure or tenderness right below the ribcage in the middle of my abdomen, towards the top. Right where the stomach would be, I suppose. I am also experiencing constant fatigue whcih comes and goes and constant gas/belching. I go between constipation and diarrhea a lot. I am just wondering if anyone is experiencing something similar to this or if there is a doctor who might know what this may be. I am starting to fear gallbladder, liver, or pancreas symptoms. But, I have no vomiting or anything like that. Also, no fever. Please help and let me know! Thanks!

I am having the same symptoms, I also have an overactive thyroid and thought it might be from the meds, been to the hospital 3 times over the past month and they also said I may have GERD, I also have constant pulsating in the same area and palpitations........

This is so weird that I would read your post tonight. You described every symptom my mom had and she was told Acid Reflux too. She actually has diverticulitis and because her symptoms went on so long without proper diagnosis she ended up with abscesses on her intestines. She is currently in the hospital on the mend. Again, I can't stress how reading your post was like going over my moms symptoms. Like you she couldn't eat, she had constant pain high on her left side. She was easily fatigued. A catscan is what revealed the problem so talk to your doctor again about your symptoms and see about getting a catscan. Good luck.

Hi, I had similar problems two years ago, my doctor sent me for an endoscopy.
The finding were that I was suffering from Hihatus Hernia, they also suggested that due to my problems at the time it could have been a peptic ulcer that had got better under the medication that I had been prescribed while waiting for the endoscopy. The problems never ended there due to lower stomach cramps and a mixture of constipation and diarrhea, after reading all my symptons on the net I explained this to the doctor and let him suggest it was IBS Irritable Bowel Syndrome. While left feeling very ill and lethargic through constant cramps indegestion etc There was nothing seriously wrong with me and through a prescription of Zantac and Mint Capsules: the symptons can be relieved it is obviously a good idea to get some scans done such as Ultra- Sound to check for blockages in the intestine. I was also prescribed fibrogel which I hate and really bloats me up,but it certainly does the job of cleaning the intestine and strengthening the lining of the intestine, if you pay for your prescritions it would still pay you to have these items on prescription because the boxes you get on prescription are much larger. Failing that you could also be wheat intolerant which upsets the whole of the system have a good look and your diet and be totally honest with yourself. Hope this is helpful Jenny o.O [/enc]

You might want to consider being tested for celiac disease. My daughter has it can often complains of indigestion/heart burn and before being diagnosed she suffered from a lot of constipation and belly pain.

Hi :-D

I have read your posts and must say I experience all the above. I also feel uncomfortable when bending and if i wear clothes with tighter waistbands. I seem to experience temperature and sweats, but then I am in my change as well. had a camera down my throat about 18 months ago along with throat and neck scans and was told I had a hiatius hernia :-( it can be so uncomfortable. This with the feeling of anxiety at times over the condition makes it much worse, particularly at night time. Eating bread is also a no, no and an ever growng list of favourite foods.

Forums are really helping me try to figure out what's wrong with me. I am eighteen, and all my life I would get sick off of foods that sometimes wouldn't make me sick, usually vomitiing, and not so much diarrhea or constipation. I spent a week in the hospital after being dehyrdrated three times in September, usually after vomiting. It hasn't ever been this bad. Usually I would get sick between 4 and 7 times a year, and recover a day or two later. This time, I got sick labor day weekend, and got better. And then two weeks later, got sick, was okay the next day (saturday) and sunday woke up feeling terrible...ended up in the ER and was told I was dehyrdrated. After they got some fluids in me, I felt fine. I went back to school the next day and made it through the week. Friday I got out of a class and wasnt' feeling good enough to walk so I decided I would take the campus bus back to my dorm. I never made it there. I got off and threw up, again. From there, made my way to the health center of our school & was told i was dehyrdrated. This time they had me on fluids but i never fully recovered, and so ended up in the hospital where they told me I had a virus. That was two weeks ago. Today I still have a funny feeling in my stomach after I eat, it gets all gurgly and I feel my pulse (I hate that feeling...) I haven't had any negative bowel movements really, and I haven't been vomiting since the tuesday I was sent to the hospital. I had a doctor's appointment this past friday and she's going to run a ct scan and check for abnormalities and then i'm meeting with a gastro doctor in november, but thats still a month away. I'm usually feeling better and this time, I'm not. Frankly, I'm angry, upset, and scared! I just have this feeling in my stomach that feels like I'm sick and hasn't totally gone away for two weeks...and pretty often I've felt feverish or warm to the touch, but my temperature is always fine. The doctor at the hospital felt I didn't have celiac's and therefore didn't test for it, although the doctor I saw this past friday said we would still check for it.

I have no idea what to do and I have no idea why I'm not feeling better when I've been out of the hospital for close to two weeks. If anyone has any answers or ideas besides anything that I have mentioned please reply or email me asap at _[removed]_.

I hope everyone else here finds answers so that they can feel better, like i want to!

I have an "uncomfortable" feelking in my upper chest area - a hollow feeling and a feeling of being "full" even though I have not eaten. My appetite is not as it should be. Hard to describe but this "hollow"feeling comes and goes and it now seems to becoming constant.
I have trie indegestion tablets, taking fybrogel thinking my diet is at fault but nothing seems to work. Also sometimes I have a feeling of wanting to be sick and a feeling of general fatigue. Anybody exoeriencing the same?

yeah mines is a pain in my upper chest. i feel hungry but i dont want to eat because it feels like it only gets worse. sometimes it even feels like heartburn. when i push into the upper region of my stomach, i can feel the pain. i have type 1 diabetes and have large antibodies for thyroid disease but they said that as of now i have tested negative and im not sure what else it can be. i also think i may have gastritis but i know what that feels like, that this isnt it.

any suggestions?

Some of these folks sound as though they should be checked for heart blockage! I hope they don't just keep thinking it's acid reflux when it could be blockage of arteries! I know as that is what happened with my husband. Triple bypass after being treated for Acid reflux for six months!

My 8 year old daughter has been having stomach problems. Bad cramping/gas pain. She had a cat scan done and she had two swollen lymph nodes in her stomach. The doctor says she has an infection called Mesenteric Adenitis. She was given antibiotics and she finished the meds, but still has problems. She doesnt have the cramping pain anymore, but she has a full/bloating/nauseous feeling in her stomach that comes and goes. She has been having stomach problems for over a month now. Apparantly this infection is supposed to go away eventually but I dont know. We may go back for another cat scan if it doesnt completely clear up soon. Maybe you all could suggest something like this infection to the doc and see if it is what you have. Sounds similar.

I have been feeling a kind of cramping or tightness. It almost feels like what you get when you've done too many sit ups, or hard working out, where you are doing a lot of bending. It is a little sore if I touch it, and I sometims feel that dull pain when I bend over. It is on my left side, just below my chest. Any ideas what that could be?

I have the exact same problems.  Hope someone has an answer.  sometimes I think it could be my gallbladder.

Gallstones! I suffere for 10 years and was diagnosed with acid reflux, H pyroli bacteria, etc. iIt got worse and I had three bad attacks in one momth, so I asked to be tested for gall stones and I went into hospital same day. All good now! LRobs

it looks like you posted this a yr ago so hopefully this finds you well and already with some answers. I too have had some of the same things going on.....I had acid reflux so badly that when they did the EGD they found that they needed to dilate my esoph. with a balloon back to its size so that the food would go down correctly. I also have to take an antacid along with probiotics because my stomach was causing more issues with the acid in my stomach causing horrible issues in both directions. After taking finally being diag. with these few issues things have gotten better and a lot less trips to the ER thinking I was suffering from a heart attack....Praying you are doing much better and got the answers you needed.....