:-( :-( my six years old daughter has been sick for bronchitis back in january, it then developed into a walking pneumonia. she had been treated first with amoxicillin then with zitramax. Now she complains of throat pain especially when eating and swallowing, she also complains that she can't breath well. Her lung x-ray and upper G.I. where fine. She seems to be breathing ok, but once in a while she takes long deep breaths. Her oxygen level is 98 to 100%. Her symptoms seems to get worse in the evening, but she does sleep well at night. Now it been almost 3 months and she's still not 100% well. She is now taking Prevacid for a week for possible acid reflex but it not helping much at all. My daughter used to be full of life and very well behaved. Now she unhappy and miserable.
Please help.
teresa

I know she had lung x rays but I had similar problems to your daughter’s after suffering from pneumonia. I had a course of antibiotics but continued to have pain in the chest and problems with breathing. The pain was getting worse when I coughed or was moving.

I was worried especially because my doc said I got over pneumonia but the pain wouldn’t go away. Sometimes I would cough up blood. I was found pleurisy, which is an inflammation of the lungs’ sack and that occurs often after pneumonia or other bacterial and viral infections.

I was advised to lie on the side that hurts because it reduces pain and was given anti-inflammatory drugs to reduce both pain and inflammation.
You may want to mention this to her doctor and see if your daughter’s pain could be due to pleurisy. Pleurisy is diagnosed by ruling out other diseases and disorders.

Teresa,
Did you find a solution to your doughter problem?
My 9 years old has exactly the same sympthoms after walking pneumonia.
Please, help!

Teresa, My 2 year old has been admitted twice to Medical University of SC and sees a pulmonologist and gastroenterologist same symptoms and the phnemonia comes back periodically without warning....the throat pain is what worries me. My son's throat pain is soooo bad he doesnt want to eat...it has gotten worse with time and he is on prevacid and zantac twice a day....email me _[removed]_