I got norovirus in October 2012 which lasted for 5 days no idea where I picked it up from but I was vomitting for 3 nights numerous times then it stopped but left me with severe stomach cramps. 2 weeks later my mum had to call the emergency doctor to my house because I had 3 bouts of watery dirrohea, had the shivers BADLY and was very pale and not myself she said go  straight to hospital where I was admitted and treated for gastroentiris I was then in hospital for 6 days/5 nights. I was under 2 gastroentroligists there who were borderline USELESS and had a test where I had a camera put down my throat then up my bum all results came out with nothing I wanted a second opinion so I went to see somebody else.

I am on private healthcare and was fully covered.The gastroentroiligist I was under wasn't that great either I was admitted twice more due to severe pain but they didn't really do much for me I wasn't on a drip or anything and was left to suffer whilst they see to an old man who was admitted in the room next to me at 11pm but I had an injection in my bum to help with the pain which didn't do much. He ran EVERY test under the sun and everything came back negative, he was then VERY rude to me and my mum on the phone over a medication he wanted me to take with a whole page of side affects which of course I wasn't happy about as I have other medical problems and been on loads of medication and never seen anything like it in my life.

I went back to my GP who has just put this all down to IBS when a few years back about 3-4 years ago approx that it was IBS but didn't do any tests. I am having NO dairy anymore instead I have soya so I really don't know whats going on but my syptoms lists here: Nausea (severe), constant full feeling (ALWAYS), Weight loss, Moody, Not myself & Headaches/migraneThis has been going on for about 5 months now ever since I got the norovirus and I never thought in my life I would suffer so much from a stupid bug. I am now DESPERATE for answers as I cannot put up with this anymore its controlling my life I eat very small meals and feel full after 3 little pieces of pasta I don't want to loose anymore weight but the stomach cramps, nausea and feeling full are the worst things.

I am also having wholemeal bread ONLY as white bread severally backed me up but I am still very constipated and bloated when I do pass a stool its usually very hard and diffucult to pass and I read online (sorry for the deatils) that if you insert 1 lubed up finger into your anus and break it up it helps well I have been doing that every day now for the past 2-3 months and then after I have passed the stool usually not that much 3-6 small pellet size pieces I feel very urgh afterwards and drained.

I am now DESPERATE for some help I have PCOS, asthma, ezcema, I am on the pill Yasmin, Lactose Intollerant and have constant bad pains.

Please help anyone whos suffered this thank you so much for reading this :(

It might be an idea to see a gynaecologist instead as I had your symptoms for years and they turned out to be severe endometriosis. It could be coincidental that your symptoms began with norovirus. My endometriosis had grown all over my bowel, my ovaries had stuck to my bowel too producing bowel and tummy pain. Good luck.

Btw.. I was told I had irritable bowel syndrome for years.. in the end I demanded a laparoscopy and surprise, it wasn't IBS after all. It didn't show up with scans But it was endometriosis.