Hi all
Here is my story...

In Dec 2008 one night i went with my friends to eat and have drinks,everything was fine until the next day. I woke up feeling bloated,with a burning sensation on my upper stomach ,and with the urge of throw up,but i never did. I took acid reducer,it helped for an hour,after that it came back ,the next day everything was back to normal ,until Dec 31th i started to have the same discomfort again,i was feeling so bad that i had to stay on the train restroom because i felted the need to throw up,which again never did,came back home went to sleep,next day i was like nothing happen. April 1 2009 ,i woke feeling really sick,had pain around my eyes ,body and nausea. Went to the Doc i told him about my past stomach discomforts and also the pain that i was having around my eyes and body,he told me that i had sinus infection and that for my stomach i should buy prilosec. He also did blood tests on me and found that my liver enzymes were really high so he told me that i should do an app for a ct scan soon. I took the antibiotics for the sinus ,i was feeling better ,no pain but the next i was throwing up ,and my skin was getting a yellowish color. I went to the ER .. they told me that i had hepatitis "A" and that i had to be admitted, i stayed there for two days ,the doc told me that my hepatitis was acute and i could eat whatever i want,but i should avoid tylenol and alcohol for a month,for the fear of getting sick again i avoid those two things three months .
Three months later ,trying to enjoy the summer i was feeling good ,until one day i started to have sharp pains on the upper right side,also i started to feel bloated everytime i ate something like a cesar salad,i would feel nausea, belching , to calm this symptoms i had to drink hot tea. I had this pain the whole summer ,they will come and go ,but the nausea ,the bloated feelinf were a everyday thing, i went to the ER about 7 times ,ct scans were mad ,blood tests too and nothing,i started to think i was getting crazy.A few weeks after the last time on the ER,i was feeling okay ,somedays i would have the nausea,belching and bloating feeling ,but not like before . Sep came and so other pains, i started to have pain on my whole stomach ,it was tender to the touch ,if i will touch the right side my left side pinched me like i had a knife on my stomach ,and the same if i touched the left side,also my upper left side started to hurt too,again the nausea,the bloated,and belching feeling never went away. On sep 29th i was admitted to the hospital i had appendicitis ,i went on a laparoscopy surgery to get my appendix remove. I thought that after that,everything the pains,the nausea,everything will go away,but no!...
I still have some days of nausea,nnow my pains are on my lower abdominal ,the pain is like muscular spasms. im also concern because after i eat breakfast ,i feel tired ,so tired that i have to go to sleep,i also feel nauseas,bloated ,sometimes i cant take it,i tried to skip breakfast but im hungry! ...and i have lost so much weight that i cant afford to not eat . I dont know whats going on with me.. Im 22 years old ,i need to get my life back on track,but i cant,eveytime that i tried ..this stomach problems come and haunt me ,im depressed i have read every single article about stomach disorders,the only thing that i think i have is ibs ,but i dont have diarrhea,my bowel movements are normal..well i have to strain sometimes ,and thats something new ,because i have always been normal on that,still i have bowel movements everyday.
Sometimes i wonder what happen since dec on 2008,what i did to have this,i want to be normal again,i cant go out and have a decent meal with friends,because im afraid of getting sick ,i just doont know what to do..
if you had this symptoms.. please reply.
Thanks

Hi honey! When you have Hepatitis - as you know - it attacks your liver! We don't really think about our livers, pancreas or gall bladders, they are like the ugly cousins!! ;-) XD No one likes to think about them, because they aren't "famous!" BUT they are VITAL to our overall health and wellbeing and when they are abused - such as heavy drinkers, or infection etc - then they can make your life and health a misery!

Even though your liver has been tested via a CT scan has your pancreas and your gallbladder? It sounds to me like you either have Pancreatitis or Gallstones! Here is a link to the symptoms of each!

http://www.emedicinehealth.com/pancreatitis/page3_em.htm

http://www.ehealthmd.com/library/gallstones/GS_symptoms.html

I would like you to bring both of these up to your doctor and see if he can organize an appointment with either a Gastroentonologist. Or better yet a Hepatologist!

Plese let me know how you make out, and what you think about the above 2 thoughts!

Hi bambi! thanks for your reply.

Well i been thinking that it could be gallstones,but i had a ct scan two months ago. %-) so i dont really know . Honestly I'm scared i dont want to have something else. Right now i cant really decsribe what im feeling ,but its like i feel full ,and i have like a burning sensation,when i take my belly out i feel uncomfortable ,like im going to explode. Today i felted like i didn't ate for decades,for some time i felted hungry and then i started to feel bloated. I been like this since ..mmm 5am ! ..i been driking water,eating prumps ..Im trying to think how can i describe my symptoms,but the only thing is that i dont have pain..i just have discomfort like im too full ,also that my stomach its burning..
Bambi.. sometimes i feel like quitting.. i cant take this anymore,i see my friends,going to college ,going to the mall,doing normal stuff,and im here ..for almost a year.. but at the same time i know i have to be thankful that im here .. i just wish that this would stop for good.
This has change me so much ,that since i was a little i wanted it to be a forensic..ALWAYS.. that was my passion..(not because of csi!).. i always watched the forensic files with my grandfather and to me even though i didnt get it because i was so little ,i never felt that there was something more interesting that forensics..until..APRIL 1 2009.. i decided to study gastroenterology..not only because what i been through every night.. but because u have meet people that are even worst than me ,that are not being helped..i want to understand why this things happen to us,and i want to help because im tired of writing on forums so i can be diagnosed ,when a doctor should be the one telling me what to do.. i cry everyday..because i think im getting mentally sick ,also i think i became hypochondriac ,because i dont want to be sick anymore..but it seems impossible..
Anyways,on monday im calling my gastro.. and lets see..
thanks for your help.. and i will write you to tell you how im doing. :-D

Hi honey! OF COURSE you sick and tired of being sick and tired!!! That is TOTALLY normal! They have to do an ultrasound on your pancreas and your gallbladder! I am really leaning towards pancreatitis - it is SO close to the liver as is the gallbladder, and when one is out of whack - such as your liver - the others can be greatly affected. Just like if you had a kidney infection, it would affect your bladder and urethra! It COULD be IBS, but like you said you don't really have the diarrhea and constipation that usually accompanies this!

Did you read the symptoms of each? Which one do you think comes closer to what you are feeling?

Hi Bambi!

I read both of them ,and actually i dont think i have one of those. Since i dont have pain on my right side anymore,i dont have it since august... after my appendix was removed i just have bloating ,nausea and now this burning sensation,that its getting on my last nerve.
The last time i went to the gastro ,he told me that i could have acid reflux,he gave me prilosec,he also did the h.pylori and came out negative. I just keep wondering if when they did the ct scan they have could find something wrong on my pancreas or gallstones.. i dont know.. I remember that the gastro also told me that if i had any other type of disease i would be vomiting or having jaundice ..i think that was very unprofessional since,you cant diagnose a person just because its not throwing up or getting yellow. I wish i could turn back time.. and not do things like driking or smoking.. the thing is that i started to drink last year,its not like i have been a heavy drinker my whole life..also last year i started to eat spicy foods.. i got hooked on it.. i stopped driking ..long time ago.
Btw the gastro did stool tests and nothing out of the ordinary was found..
Bambi..what else could be..?? im like looking everywhere.. trying to get an answer ..im just desperate

Just like IBS symptoms they show ALL the symptoms you CAN have, you don't need to have ALL of them! When he is mentioning jaundice, this is from your Liver, Pancreas and Gall bladder! So that is why he mentioned that! With the bloating etc, that is just like IBS! It isn't that long ago that they said IBS and Fibromyalgia was all psychological! So some doctors have a hard time diagnosing it still! Regardless if it is emotional or physical it is STILL happening to you! I would really like you to ask for a Pancreatic and Gallbladder ultrasound! I just thought of something! How are your periods?

My periods are regular 28 days,u just have bad cramping ,and it last for 5 days sometimes..
Right now i woke feeling a bit better,with hunger ,but i had the lower left discomfort..well its not center its on the side..and its not a horrific pain i just feel like something is in there. Like i said before when i take my belly out.. i feel so heavy,and not only that sometimes it growls. I dont have much of a nausea right now..(thank god),but still stomach discomfort and a bit of burning sensation.Also i feel very tired..im not a sleeping lover,but these two days i just want to do that,im thinking is because my period is coming.. and i get like that most of the time when im about to get it,but it bothers me since i feel sick and plus my period coming..not good..
For a moment i thought i had diverculitis ,but my aunt went through that a month ago and my symptoms are not even close,i just think this left discomfort its weird... because its not even a pain,its just something that bothers me alot.

I WAS starting to think it my be ovarian related, but since you are regular, then I don't think so! When you first became sick, did they ever do a stool test - to see if you picked up a bug? My girlfriend suffered for about 2 years after something she ate! They did test after test! She eventually was just eating rice and drinking water! Then one day it just stopped! She still has to limit her caffeine, and any white flour/sugars! Have you been tested for candida as well? I am leaning towards either the pancreas or IBS! Also have you been told to use Acidopholus especially cultured yogurt? This REALLY helps with stomachs!

Dyspepsia,same symptoms I'm very stressed have been suffering years

Dyspepsia seem same here areas depression