Hi, I really hope to get some answers here, did many pages of reading here and I still couldn't find anything similar.

I'm male 30. The problem starts maybe 6-7 years back. Most of the times after passing of motion, I have this slight lower back ache that will last for maybe 2-3 hours. When the ache is there I will feel fatigue and less concentration in my work or in whatever that I'm doing. In a way, it's disturbing my life though it is not severe and never really gets worst.

Any idea what's happening to me? I read much about IBS but this doesn't seems to be the case. The lower back aching is only happening after the passing of motion.

Any advice will certainly be a great help... Many thanks..

Me too, my lower back feels sore after I go to the restroom and my upper thigh. What is the deal?

Hi I am a 27 yr old female with exactly the same issues. My back, buttock muscles and thighs ache and feel weak. I will also feel weak overall and have difficulty concentrating. Sometimes the pain radiates all the way to the arms. Mine can last from 3 - 24 hrs. Have gone for upper and lower scope- all normal. This problem has been Going on for 1 yr. Been to two separate gastro's and all they can diagnosed is IBS and give me a bunch of IBS drugs that didn't help. Would appreciate any advise or suggestion from anyone on this matter.

Hi I am a 27 yr old female with exactly the same issues. My back, buttock muscles and thighs ache and feel weak after a bowel movement. I will also feel weak overall and have difficulty concentrating. Sometimes the pain radiates all the way to the arms. Mine can last from 3 - 24 hrs. Have gone for upper and lower scope- all normal. This problem has been Going on for 1 yr. Been to two separate gastro's and all they can diagnosed is IBS and give me a bunch of IBS drugs that didn't help. Would appreciate any advise or suggestion from anyone on this matter.

I have the same problem. Thankfully it doesnt last too long. I have always blammed it on my IBS..I was told I had IBS at the age of 10 and now im 20. Maybe it could be IBS or another intestinal problem.

me too !! same feeling

I have the same issue. I have noticed after a bowel movement my lower back feels sore. Has anyone been diagnosed with anything other than IBS?

its your pelvic floor, read up on it.

Hi, I'm 38 and have been diagnosed with IBS as well. I also have endometriosis that I've been diagnosed since I was 30. I have the exact same pains after bowel movements but only a week before, during, and after my period.

Why does my back hurt more after a bowel movement ?

This happens to me sometimes. I can go weeks or months, even years and feel fine. Then out of the blue I will have stomach cramps and lower back pain. It is worse when I am constipated, but can happen when I have normal bowel movements too. I've had a colonoscopy, endoscopy, cat scan, abdominal and vaginal ultrasounds all completely normal. Gastroenterologist says they are spasms and I suffer from ibs. Sometimes emotional upsets can bring it on, other times I think everything is going fairly well and I still will suffer. Meds don't really help. I have been living with it because I do have pain free times also. If things get worse, someday I may try anti-depressants. I have had depression before and the meds helped me mentally. All my life I've always had health anxiety so I'm not afraid to seek medical answers. I suggest going for tests to rule out a serious problem, but I wouldn't jump to conclusions. My doctor said lower back pain is common with ibs I've experienced it off and on for many years.

The same thing happens to me. It's not regular, but occasionally I get stomach cramps and pain in my lower back. I can't figure out what exactly causes these, but since it usually never lasts longer than half an hour, feel I can live with it.

I have regular movements twice a day - no IBS or constipation. Normal about 360 days a year, but the pain is always evident. I started noticing a dull ache (almost pulsating) AFTER moving for about an hour or so, about two years ago. I'm 50. Not on any pain meds, not on any other drugs for that matter. Is it something to be concerned about?

I to have lower back cramping after a bowel m and i think it gets worse when I think about it to much, I can't relax and my muscles tense up. I have tried using calms forte for anxiety and stress and it helps a lot! They are sold at drug stores and are homeopathic. Worth a try!

I had lots of abdo surgery following complications after a hysterectomy many years ago. Recently after passing a large bowel action (no pain or straining) I started with sever pain in my left groin. The following morning I couldn't move my left leg and was diagnosed with a trapped never in my back/hip. It's agony. Anyone know if this could be adhesions??