I'm 17 almost 18 and no don't start saying "you're too immature to be having sex." I am looking for real answers. I am on birth control, and I have only had sex with the guy I am with. I have been with him for a year and half, so no I would not have an sti or std. Anyways, the other day I didn't take my birth control for probably about 4 days, and I'm 99% sure we had sex on the day I ovulated and the day before or the day after I ovulated. So two days in a row basically. Anyways, we knew the risk and the consequences we would have if anything were to happen. So, both the time we had sex, he went in me, and a day or two after I stopped my pill I started bleeding and having cramps (still bleeding and still having them a bit.) so I got nervous and so I went back on it, so that my mom wouldn't notice and it was worrying me. So I started taking them again I probably 2 days ago maybe, and I'm just wondering if even though I started taking them if there was a good chance I conceived? Since it's too early to tell, no symptoms obviously, just I have a funny feeling this time that I might be, like this instinct for some reason. So I'm just wondering how good of a chance it is that I am pregnant or going to be pregnant? Please help, and if you're going to be rude. Please don't bother answering me.

Hi 1,

Chances are probably pretty low but we can't say for sure.

The bleeding you saw is from an induced period.  It occurs when you stop taking your birth control medicine.  In most cases, this is what happens when you take your reminder pills.

Hope it helps.

Thank you so much I really appreciate it. & also what are some good tips for in the future if I want to conceive right away or at least try to? Is there anything I can do to increase my chances of getting pregnant?

It can take up to a year of regular intercourse to become pregnant.

You need to time when you have sex. You will normally ovulate between about 11-15 days AFTER your period starts. Sperm can survive up to about 5 days - max. The egg can be fertilized for about 48 hours - max.

Having sex between 6-17 days after your period starts is when you'd be most likely to conceive.

I don't really know how to describe this but I'll try I start a new pack of birth control pills In a week and a little bit after im done my sugar pills, if I don't take them for a week or 2 and then have sex on the days I ovulate or atleast try to and then a couple days later start taking the rest of the pack, is it dangerous to do? And do you does it stop the pregnancy if you start taking them again? Or if the sperm has already reached the egg, the pregnancy will just continue right? Like if I was to have sex on the day I ovulate, or a day or two before, or all and then start taking my pill again like a week after that, do you think the pill would mess up the pregnancy if it were to happen?