Hi everyone. My name is Sarah and I have one question for everyone who knows something about mini strokes. I was reading something about it because my husband had this so - called mini stroke. I didn't know a lot about it so I have decided to do a little research. I found out that this is also called transient ischaemic attack. I want to know why? I have heard about this term, but I always believed that this is something different. I was thinking that this is a term for silent heart attack. So, if you can tell me more... 

Hey there. It is called a mini stroke because it happens when the blood supply to the brain is interrupted for a short period of time. Also, it is called mini stroke because the signs are the same like person has during the stroke but they don’t last that long. The signs of it can disappear in a few minutes and they don’t last longer than 24 hours. But they are definitely the sing that some serious stroke can happen very soon and that you need to react very quick if you want to avoid bigger stroke. Have a nice day. 

It is totally the same thing, there is no difference between it. The only difference is between the symptoms, symptoms in men are different than mini strokes symptoms in women, but everything else is pretty much the same. It is called like this because these symptoms that happen usually appear and last less than 24 hours before disappearing completely. TIA won't cause some dangerous damage to the brain, but you really should know that they are a serious warning sign that a stroke that can happen in the future. That is why none of those symptoms should not be ignored.

Hey, while some people think that this is not serious, you should be very careful when it comes to this. Now, while transient ischemic attack (TIA) is often labeled “mini-stroke,” it is more accurately characterized as a “warning stroke,” a warning you should take very seriously. It can happen something even worse can happen. That you can have big stroke that can lead to the death.  TIA is caused usually by a clot, but the only difference between a stroke and TIA is that with TIA the blockage is transient (temporary). TIA symptoms occur rapidly and last a relatively short time. It usually last for less than 5 minutes.

Hey there. Thank you. I was sure that mini stroke means that you are having just a small stroke and that this is not a warning for anything. So, if you are having a mini stroke, what this means? That very soon you can expect or that very soon you will have bigger stroke? What to do in this case, how to prevent some worse things that can happen. Anything that we can do to prevent it? Maybe some diet program, maybe I should quit something such as salt or something else. Let me know what do you know. Thank you so much.

Good day there. It is very simple - when blood flow to part of the brain stops for a short period of time, that is also called transient ischemic attack (TIA),  and it can mimic stroke - like symptoms. Well, these symptoms that you are having usually appear and last less than 24 hours before disappearing. While TIAs generally do not cause permanent brain damage, they are a serious warning sign that a stroke may happen in the future and should not be ignored. So, don’t ignore it. You need to go to your doctor immediately and let him know what is going on with you.