I’m currently in my second year of Suboxone treatment and I’m down to 4mg. Suboxone really did help me get my life back and for that part it’s great, but like everyone on Suboxone knows, I’ve just changed one addiction for another. I’m supposed to start a new job soon and there are some chances they’ll do a drug testing and I want to start there clean.

That’s why I’m thinking about quitting Suboxone cold turkey, with help of Clonidine and Imodium, but I’m wondering will Clonidine have any side effects in combination with Suboxone?

Clonidine is medication used to lower blood pressure, but in detox clinics it was proven that it also helps with the worst withdrawal symptoms during the first few days, like restlessness, insomnia, stomach issues... etc. If your physician knows you're on suboxone you shouldn't have any problems getting a Clonidine prescription.

The only precaution you need to keep in mind taht since Clonidine will lower your blood pressure, it might lower it too much so make sure you monitor your BP and stick to the prescribed doses.