I’ve been addicted to several opioid medications in the past, ultimately ending up on heroin. When I reached the bottom, thankfully I found Suboxone clinic and started my recovery - that was two years ago. Now I feel like I’m ready to quit taking suboxone as well, and I’m cutting my strips to smaller and smaller pieces, but after I went from 4mg to 2 I started experiencing withdrawal symptoms.

One of my friends who’s been in similar situation recommended I get prescription for Clonidine, a blood pressure medication, that helped him when he was quitting heroin. Could anyone tell me is it safe to use Clonidine and Suboxone together?

Clonidine is blood pressure lowering medication that has been used for years in detox clinics, since it helps a lot during first week of cold turkey withdrawal when shaking, insomnia, restlessness... etc are the worst. There is no reason why you shouldn't be able to use it on your first week completely off the Suboxone, but there is just one precaution you need to check with your doctor.

Since Clonidine lowers your blood pressure, if your BP is already on the lower end, you'll need to have it monitored so it doesn't spike too low (which you can easily do with $30 home BP monitor).

I took suboxone ans.colonidine together i have low blood pressure i made me so sick my body felt like jello and i almost wamna pass out