Hello. I'm 45 year old female and I would like to tell you my story. I hope that someone will read this and try to help me!
Just recently I have found out that my only son who is 19 years old is drug addict. Even before, he told me that he tried marihuana once or twice and I've told him he must stop immediately.
But things got out of control and few days ago I've got the call from emergency. Doctor told me that he was found in some basement and the diagnosis was OD! I was shattered when I heard this.
Doctor told me that his life was saved and recommended me some Suboxone dependence treatment! What should I know about this drug? How long the effects last?

Hello. I'm very sorry to hear all this. I know that this is real family tragedy for you and I would really like to help you.
I have read some good stuff about this drug you’ve mentioned and I will gladly tell you everything I know.
Suboxone is medication approved in world for the treatment of opiate dependence. It contains the active ingredient, buprenorphine hydrochloride, which works to reduce the symptoms of opiate dependence and it is given as a pill which dissolves under the tongue.
I have heard only the best about this drug because if administered correctly, Suboxone offers a fast and pain-free withdrawal from highly addictive drugs. It has a longer duration of action than morphine, and sublingual tablets offer an analgesic effect for 6 to 8 hours.

I was addicted to oxycontin and morphine and any other painkillers I could get off the street. Suboxone saved my life, and saved me from a life of heroin injections and oxy contin snorting. Miracle drug, doesn't get you high, just gives you so much relief from the craving and the withdrawal.
Amazing, life saving, drug.

Need any info from a current suboxone patient: ******

**edited by moderator**

I have beenon Suboxone for almost 4 years!!!! It has saved my life, I was addicted to opiats....ie, vicodin es for over 10 years, and had never been able to kick it. Until I found Suboxone.....It has been a miracle drug for me, I knows that I will never touch drugs again!!!! Suboxone works great!!!

i have been on suboxone for about two years now, and i am doing well on my recovery plan. There or both up and downs with the bupe, downs for me is deffently the headaches ups i can lead a productive life without going to a clinic daily for meth. please make no mistake suboxe is a drug!

A few things. before starting suboxone you first need to have an honest assesment from your son. Addicts often do not come clean about the extent of their use. You need to find our how long he has been taking opiates and how much he has been taking. When I say how long I mean everyday for years, months etc. My guess is that at 19 yrs old he has not had the cash to sustain a daily habit for years ( but I could be wrong). My point is that If he simply took to much of a drug and OD'ed, he may not go through horrible withdrawals. If he is truely dependant on opiates then Suboxone is somthing to consider. If he is not dependant on opiates then Suboxone may not be your best choice. Suboxone is very expensive and highly regulated. If he goes on Suboxone it will block the effects of other opiates (vicodin, Herion etc) making him less likely to abuse opiates but if he remains on Suboxone for a long time (months, years) he will eventually need to come off of suboxone and will experience withdrawals that last longer than going off of herion, vicodin etc. (however the withdrawals are less intense). Make sure you find out if he has been getting pain meds off the internet. This is what caused my addiction which ultimately was treated successfully with methadone then suboxone. I will pray for you and your son. God bless you

Hey Everyone,

This is the first time I'm actually posting my story, but I've been seeing a LOT of BAD Suboxone Withdrawl Stories, and I can tell you, from experiance, that this really isn't the case. I was on suboxone for over 1 year, and decided to get off the stuff! (With my Doc's help, of course...!) I'm not going to lie to you, I did have withdrawl, but it wasn't bad at all, HONEST!
To give you a little back story, I was on Tincture Of opium, Paragoric, Codeine, Oxycontin, Morphine, and lomotil for over 8 years. These were ALL legal medications and I was NOT using them in any recreational way. However, with the amount that I was on, I made most druggies look like they were just on some Tylenol... Anyway, I got sick of being on it, so I went on the suboxone.
Once I decided to get off the Suboxone, I had only a small amount of trouble. I did have some GI issue's, and very mild withdrawl type symptom's... After the 5th day, I felt so much better. Keep in mind that I was able to function during the withdrawl process. It was hard, but not as hard as going cold turkey...! You must realize that getting off ANY kind of narcotic takes time and isn't easy, but the suboxone was a gift from God (Pardon the pun)!!!! ;-)

Good Luck Everyone,
Andrew

Reading everyone's posts gave me chills (worse than I'm already experiencing) because of the painfull similarities. It's amazing what us addicts will do to ourselves. I was snorting Oxy's for a couple of years, went through a cold turkey detox program, for both the opiates and ativan. The amazing thing, in retrospect, is that the benzos were what really kicked my butt with the insomnia. But, even after that, I couldn't stay off the opiates. In desperation, I found a Dr. and suboxone. I was, like many others, amazed by the relief. However, my Doc was of the impression that there weren't any withdrawal symptoms from this med!! I believed him!!! So, I stayed on it for 3+ agonizing years. It simply became my new oxy. Not good, not what I wanted. I've wanted to put this sh*t behind me for so long, but fear of withdrawal has prevented me. Time to toughen up and free myself of this!! I've now been off for 3 days. Last night got a little scary, but somehow I survived and am hear telling you about it. We CAN kick it, just takes some strength and faith. It's hard, but possible. Stay willing. Good luck to you all and me!!! Hot baths DO work.

I just stopped taking suboxone today. So I imagine the bad part will start tomorrow (day 2). I have gone through oxy withdrawal and that was freaking awful so I imagine that this can't be any worse than that. I really want to just have a normal life again where I don't have to take some medication every day just to feel normal. So I'm just going to have to keep telling myself that to get through it. And besides a week of hell is well worth the rest of my life being completely clean! XD

I am 19 years old and have a severe anxiety disorder. After many years of trying different drugs i was put on suboxone. It is normally used to help treat recovering opiate addicts, but it can be used to treat patients with extremely high anxiety. The drug has worked wonders on me. It seriously is the magic pill for me. Suboxone is considered an opiate, but the body doesnt build up a tolerence for it. I could take the same dose for the rest of my life and it will work the same as it does now. The drug greatly reduces cravings for drug addicts and you cannot overdose on suboxone. This drug is incredible, my anxiety went away for good thirty minutes after taking my first dose. I would highly recommend this drug if u are in recovery or if u have extreme anxiety.

I have been on suboxone for a couple of weeks and I still have the erge to take some oxy's or Vics. I belive suboxone does work, but I still feel the urge! What do you suggjest

I have been on suboxone for almost two months. I am 19 yrs old and started using heavy when i was 16. For three years i was tied to the chase of the opiate rush. I went from taking ten mgs a day to 120 in about a year. To get through school days and still do my work i bought adderall from my school mates and started to abusing it also, and fell in love with that speed ball effects. So i went to the methadone clinic and got off everything but was extremely upset with the addiction that i experienced from the methadone and i would never recommend that treatment for anything, unless they have no desire to get off opiates, but instead are just tired of chasing opiates all around town and paying extreme amounts for them. So i transferred from methadone to suboxone and the withdrawals i went through from the methadone were the worst withdrawals ive ever had. Hardly compareable to the oxy or percocet withdrawals i experienced before. I am down to 4 mgs a day on suboxone and i cant tell any difference from the 20 mgs i started at to the 4 im at now. Within the next 2 months i would like to be completely off suboxone all together. I would definitly say suboxone is the best dependency treatment available to this day, but still causes dependency and i would recomment being on it the least amout of time as possible do to the addictive properties of the buprenophine.

Im tired of people dissing suboxone. It saved my life. I now have my life back.Its not terrible.

Seboxone saved my life!!!! I was on oxycontin, oxycodone, morphine, fentynol patch and vicodin, not all of these at once but over the last 5 years of my life. I have a disc problem and these are all the drugs over time Drs. gave me.I felt like a guinea Pig.I could not get out of my own way~~ Everyday was a struggle to exist~~~ So i got up one day and had the strength to say no more, or iam going to die from all these drugs.So i just decided to stop taking them, Well that was hell cold Turkey after all those years on pain Meds!! I was so sick withdrawing it was a nightmare , I could not control my body from shaking , sweating, vomiting, legs paddeling all of it was horrific!!! so I called my Dr. and This was a new Dr. I had only been seeing for a few months, He told me about Suboxone! I had to be withdrawing from opiates for at least 12 hours in order for them to start dosing ,me with the seboxone, so that was hell waiting to get the dose , But once they gave me the pill and observed me overnight , i felt like a new person , I am back in school and have my life back!I can think straight ,Ihave less pain if you can imagine that!!!! and i feel wonderful!! So if any one you know is in addiction with opiates seboxone is worth a try !!! It saved my life~~~~ and gave me my life back!!!!And most of all My family is happy Iam back to my old self, with a spark in my eyes, and i actually can laugh and feel again !!!!!

im sure it does some good when used correctly but if you talk to anyone whose ever snorted even a small fraction of one of these pills, youll find it to be just at addictive as any other opiate. i abused a small ammount over a period of two days and when i came down on the third, it was like nothing ive ever felt. i was puking, cold sweats, shaking, and in so much pain, i wanted to die. mind you, i only did it a few times over 2 days. my friend has been addicted to suboxone for a couple years now, doing it every day. hes at the point where he can snort a whole pill while a sixteenth of a pill would be too much for a first timer. in other words, these people saying that you cant build tolerance are wrong. a whole pill in my nose would kill me. furthermore, his temperment is always angry, rash, and ready to fight. ive known this friend off of subs and hes one of the most pleasant kids i know.

all in all, i dont agree that this drug is a miracle because while it helps some, it also destroys others.