Hello everyone.

First I want to say I have been checking these boards just about every morning since I kicked..which will be a month in a couple days..

a little background: I used heroin for 3 years, and went thru inpatient rehab twice..simply could not stay clean! so i was prescribed suboxone..24 mills a day for over a year. I spent the summer out of state, so my doctor refused any more refills.. I felt this was OK cos i wanted to kick..but GOD!! It's been sooooooo incredibly hard! It's been almost a month, I weaned myself VERY fast.. i was taking 8 miligrams for the last month i was on it, and then when i was down to like 6 pills i just weaned down from 8 to 4 to 2 mills for 2 days and then NOTHING. Needless to say I was in allllllloot of pain. FAR WORSE THAN ANY HEROIN kIck I hAVE EVER BEen thru!!

so I really just want to talk to anyone who is thru the initial "hurdle" of sub kick..the first few weeks.. are you still having withdrawal symptoms? cos I sure am! I still sneeze, have the runs, no energy, and just a general feeling of complete lethargy and depression most of the time.. not to mention insomnia like a b***h. God i just want it to be over! I want to be off opiates, but if i'm never going to feel good again, i just want back on them!
I don't want to live life like this! i'd rather take an orange pill everyday..but that's just me. I'm just holding on for better times at this point!

Any feedback about yr kick would be wonderful!

I am in the same boat buddy.. the only thing I found that helps is being somewhat active, it's hard as hell but, pay it forward.

my heart goes out to you. i know exactly how you feel. first of all you weened off of the subs way to fast. i thought the exact same thing you did. why am i in withdrawal after subox, and i messed up an got right back on pills. some of the reason was trigger points i went to work took 1 look at the guy who sold to me an felt like i was in withdrawal now looking back i realize it was just a mind thing and then realized what people ment when they say trigger points. so i got back on subox when i got off i did have w/d but it wasnt bad to handle basically it took my energy away so i would take 5 hour energy shots that was a big help. try to keep urself occupied. i had a problem trying to find something to do with my time. i was used to useing my time to stay hi. well if im not hi what do i do. so i would strongly suggest getting a hobby and keeping a daily journal. even trying something simple like a cross word puzzle will help cause its keeping your mind occupied. an b4 you now it you will b threw the w/d eveybody is different mine lasted 10 days. but it took my friend 30 days b4 she was back to her self again. hang in there and good luck just keep telling yourself it wont last 4 ever.

i reread what u wrote and would like to mention years ago i was an acholic an just up an quit. i would not tell or talk to anyone bout it and i was severly depressed for a little over a year. i wish i would of talked to some1 cause the depression almost killed me. so i would strongly suggest talking to people not only will it help with the depression it will also help u recover a lot quicker

I've read good things on this board about using Loperamide (Immodium) for WD's. Try that, several of the 2mg pills "as needed?"

Yeah, I know this post is ancient.