I've been taking Suboxone for a year now. I started after I got off of methadone. I was taking half a strip a day and now I take 1 strip a day because suboxone doesn't help with the cravings like methadone did so I started using again maybe twice a week. I haven't used for two weeks and I'm going to start tapering down on the suboxone. Does anyone have first hand knowledge about withdrawals from suboxone?

Im only on day five and i  stopped at 8mg. the first three days are pretty bad esp the third. alot of depression, weakness, nausea, the runs, chills problems sleeping and all. after day 3 it gets much better but the weakness and depression persist and tummy isues persist including some rls at night that keeps me up. the best thing thats helped me so far is gatorade, boost shakes(bc i cant eat much still) vitamins, motrin for body aches. wish i could help more but im only on day 5 myself ill pray for you

Hey, thanks! I've heard that suboxone is way easier than methadone to get off of, but it still sucks I'm sure! I'm going to try and taper down to about 1/2 strip a day, then stop taking it. Thanks for the info and good luck to you!

It is easier than methadone but honestly to me its worse than herion withdrawals. But the best you can do is take care of yourself and stay positive. be prepared for the depression too because its the worse. But you can do it. Stay strong and ill pray for you.

If you're on day 5, you've gone farther than I ever have. I wish I had just broke from heroin and never gotten on methadone. I can understand the depression. I've always been on either heroin, methadone, or suboxone so I can't imagine not having to take something every morning. If you just want to talk to someone who knows what it's like, my email is _[removed]_

You guys stopped at 8MG??? My doctor has me cutting 2MG strips into 1/4 pieces!! because I told him I have no room for ANY downtime.

I know these are old posts but I know people still read these frequently. try Neurontin if you are withdrawling from suboxone or subutex. it worked miracles for me so far. it is not addictive and not a narcotic. hope someone sees this post and tries it . it really works.