Hi All..

I have to say this forum has helped me incredibly. I have been an addict for about 10 years. Starting off with Oxy and hydos, and quickly moving to H, sniffing at first then shooting. I was up to about 2 bundles a day (while still holding a job). I have been on Subs for about 3 years starting out @ 16 mils and tapering off to 2 mils. I can say that the short taper is the easiest way to kick. The withdrawls are far less extreme and shorter. I relapsed, after a 5 week taper, and have been on Subs for the duration of the past 3 years. I slowly weened myself down to 1mg a day, and currently on day 2 with nothing. Since I hold a job, I have to work thru the withdrawls. I have been taking melatonin and valarian at night to sleep (granted its only about 4-5 hours), and drink allot of redbull during the day. I know it sounds stupid, but it keep you moving. This forum really has helped me push through. I will read testimonials when I can't sleep, and it helps with the depression. Subs really helped me. I think that they are prescribed incorrectly allot of times, so you have to do whats right for yourself. Everybodys body chemistry is different . The major concern I have about them, is they are fairly new, and I worry about long term side effects. So anyone who is with me out there, Buy the ticket ....Take the Ride.

Robotkillz

i have to definitly agree,.day 4 was so bad i came on here and heard everyones storries,.and it made me feel so much better,.mental part at least,.thank you everyone!! almost day 7 now and still goin!

cant agree with the suboxin part though,.it is better to ween down on a low opiate like vicodin,.i went from vic's to suboxin,.and day 6and a half is still pretty bad,.vic withdrawls are worse,.but dont last as long,.this sucks,.7 days and my leggs feel like i can kick thru concrete,.if u CAN ween down to a half a 500 vic a day,.(pretty hard to do) you can beat most of the withdrawls,.cept for some shakey legg,.and wierd dreams,.some sweats too,.but nothing like this,.im almost done now,.but if i had to do it over,.i would shun the suboxin,.its 50X more powerfull!i dont know how many posts i have read saying the same thing,.now if ur coming off dope,.or oxy's i know its way too hard to do,.but if u can try,.u might be suprised,.most people cant do it cause they havnt made the decision to quit,.and aere still seeking the high! big mistake with suboxi,.i only ate 3 2mg pills in two weeks,.just a nibble a day,.coming off a 60mg a day hydrocodone habit. and im on day 7 and its so much worse than any vicodin withdrawl,.but its starting to get better,.im just trying to deal with the depression anyone got advice on that? it really does work on the same part of the brain as "Death" i feel like im at my own funeral,.i miss vicodin,.but I hate what it did to me,.and the debt it put me in!

Hey all of Yall im on day 27 of sub withdrawal. I feel awesome I am so much happier and a better person. I was wondering if all of yall stayed off off it and came out like i diid. Write back with your stories i really want to hear about it.

You know one good thing that came from this is that the withdrawal was so ridiculous that i realized what i had done to my body and i never want to take an opiate again for the rest of my life. ;-)

ALso this forum helps sooo much when i was going through withdrawal i basically sat on here all day long waiting for someone with a miracle story so i would have a way out.... now i have my own miracle story. I will try and help anyone i can just like other people on here helped me.

How many days did it take for you to stop being sick?