I am planning to have a baby for a long time. My husband and I were trying to become pregnant for the past year. I would like to know more about successful conception? I would appreciate any information.

You can do specific things that will help you conceive successfully and your partner should improve his health as well. After all, he supplies 50% of the genetic material to your new baby. The important thing is to ensure that both you and your partner are checked by a doctor for genitourinary infections. Also, adopt a healthy lifestyle. This means that you need to give up smoking, drinking. You need to exercise more, manage stress etc. Your age does affect your conception chances, I am sure that you are aware of it. The older you get the more difficult it can become, especially if you have a problematic fertility history. Also the fact if you have spent much of your reproductive life on hormonal contraception can make it more difficult. If you are fewer than 35 take the four months and then try for 6 months to get pregnant on your own. If nothing happens start investigating you and your partner. If you are over 35 you need to get the fertility checks in the preconception 4 months just to make sure everything is OK. I hope you will conceive very soon.