Three weeks ago, I had a sudden onset of lower abdominal pain/pressure. Within a day or so, I started feeling that same pain and pressure in my rectal area as well. When I got my period, I figured maybe it was just a new symptom related to my period. My period this time was incredibly heavy to the point that I was like WOW because the size of the bloodclots looked abnormally large and frequent. During my period, I felt a little less pain but as soon as it was over, the pain returned and more so with the rectal pain. I have been able to pass bowels but it is incredibly painful. Over the last two days, I dread it. I don't force a movement but it is extrememly painful. Also, other than this pain and pressure, I have bloating in my abdomen. At first I was wondering if somehow I had caused a hernia or something but now I'm not sure. I have enough common sense to know that I should go to the doctor but I can't bring myself to do it. I hate going to the doctor...

Sounds like the beginning of endometriosis and or fibroid. I've had both and yes bowel movements were EXCRUCIATING that time of the month. Best 2 see your doctor and perhaps have laproscopic surgery to remove endo tissue off bowels, bladder etc if that is your diagnosis. Good luck.

Did you ever find out what this was? I have the same symptoms and am worried...

@redhatlady123 - did you ever find out what you had? i have the same symptoms also

I had this two days ago after lifting my daughter out of bed. It was midnight and I felt a strong pain in my lower abdomen. I though it would go away by morning. However, by morning, it was stronger and accompanied by severe rectal pressure, as if I had been bearing down. This is the same feeling I had after laboring and delivering my baby years ago.

I went to the ER because the pain was unbearable and I thought there was something seriously wrong going on, maybe apendicitis. After a day long in the ER, a CT scan and two ultrasounds, they concluded that the problem was a 4cm ovarian cyst that ruptured.

You might want to be checked for endometriosis. The pain you describe sounds like what I experienced.

Did you ever find out what happened? I had this same issue exactly 2 1/2 weeks ago. Out of Nowhere, BAM! Knocked me off my feet for hours.