about 3 weeks ago i started have very sharp pains when i had a bowel movement and was very heavy they were sinking and that has never happened before.. it was bleeding really bad like teaspoons full it is not that bad anymore but there is deff still more blood than i want coming out of there.. also there is a constant lower abdominal pain like menstrual cramping pain its horrible the pain eases off every once in a while so maybe its not a big deal but could these two things be connected somehow or am i overreacting and it will all pass eventually?

Well, I hate to say that this sounds familiar, because after thinking I was sh____ng razorblades, and had episodes of gushing blood afterward, I had a colonoscopy and they came back with Diverticulosis. (That is a chronic condition--the acute condition is Diverticulitis) This means that I had weakened areas in my GI tract, and they were like little ballooned areas that catch foods or whatever that irritates them. (This is why most diverticulosis sufferers are warned away from nuts, foods with seeds, etc) When one of those little pockets ruptures, it can cause serious pain and bleeding; some people even get hospitalized with it. So that is probably the situation. I hope you found out what it was that was causing your symptoms!

(this is a very stale post to which I am replying, I know, but maybe this will help someone else with the same problem...)

A Year later, RedSonya59 and it has! thanks for saving me a freaked out trip to the ER that would get me laughed at by the bored ER docs here. Honestly.. terrible pain lower right side it happens Sooooo often! but its been REALLY horrible the last few days I cant sleep or move and then I just went pee and tons of blood came out the back door.. WTF?~! I am really freaking out here... but I do eat lots of seeds nuts etc... I guess its time to revisit my GI specialist. UGH> been avoiding a colonoscopy out of fear almost four years now but I better do it I guess... ICK>.. scary...