Hi, I'm having pain around my belly button and upper abdomen area during my period, it hurts when I get up from sitting and also painful when I'm walking it's almost like a pulling feeling and gnawing. Has anyone else experienced this? and do you know what may cause this? It doesn't happen every month, last time was in October and now again in March, normally I get normal cramps and I'm almost always 28 days between periods but in Oct. it was 5 days early and now this month it about two weeks late. I missed work due to the pain, it's been two days with this constant pain, advil doesn't seem to work like it does with normal cramps. Could this be something serious?

im having the same problem...i wish there was an answer. :[

i have the same problem too. did any of you ever get help? someone said it could be gas, but its to belly button directed i dont see how.

I have a similar sensation -- I feel like i need a compression bandage around my stomach -- especially when i walk -- i feel like I literally have to hold my guts in -- it's gotten increasingly more painful and uncomfortable over the last year and the symptom is only present during my period -- it also gets MUCH worse with voiding, whether it is my bladder or my bowels... I have textbook symptoms for endo, but have been told by 3 different doctors upon exam that I DO NOT have it...frustrated and in pain -- im starting to have to schedule my life around my period...ridiculous!

I'm having the same issue and again like you it isn't every month. This month however is awful - to the point of tears. I had it all throughout the night. Occasionally, I would find a comfortable position, but then it would come back. This morning, walking around my office at work, I am bent over from the pain and pulling sensation. I've asked my Dr and she just shrugs. My naturopath tells me its hormone related, but that isn't helpful either. Heat seems to help relax my muscles, which constrict due to the pain and likely make things feel much worse. If anyone has any insights please share. Like periods aren't painful/annoying as is!

Original poster-- I have EXACTLY the same thing as you, and it's related to IBS. Mine is especially related to hormones with the same pattern as yours. You should ask your doctor about that, because the interaction between IBS and hormones in women is very common.

I have this too. It's every month and the first day of my period i'm fine but the next day after i wake up and get out of bed and go to the bathroom the upper abdominal cramping starts and I cant walk straight and it feels like cramps from running, like that sharp feeling. When I was younger it would keep me up at night but now it's usually just the second day of my period. It also is extremely painful to pass gas or go number 2. I wish there was something to do about it, I went to the doctor and switched my birth control and I also got a ultra sound of my liver and all these organs that came out fine.

I have the same issue. Focused pain on my belly button and cramps. Can't not have a bowel movement for the first two days of my period.

I also have the same issue, I previously had an ovarian cyst which torsed and strangled one of my ovaries. I had to have it removed. I get my period every month but every once and a while I get the horrible pain around my belly button. sometimes it is like I have a wide rubber band being repeatedly snapped on my abdomen. my Dr. advised me to take 400-500 mg of Aleve or Motrin. If I take it early enough it helps, but then when it wears off the pain comes back full force.

Daughter is having the asame problem. Day five now and sharp waves of pain behind the tummy button. Never had this problem before. Like a sharp pain she describes and she waking every hour with it. Can't eat. 

I have thesame issue. Any new results?

I have the same problem with navel pain associated with periods, just started this discomfort a few months ago, had some bleeding from navel last month for the first time. I went to my gp and she a ct of my abdomen and pelvic with and without contrast done on me, results showed huge uterine fibroids.

The best solution I've found is Midol. It's a temporary fix, but it works.

I have the same issue! I've had it for about 2 years now. From buscopan to dilaudid to blood tests and pelvic ultrasound I am now finally going for a gastroscopy tomorrow. I have a feeling they may say it's IBS. I do not have any troubles with my bowels however I guess it still may be the cause.. But lately I've been experience slight pain during intercourse. Either way this pain is unbearable!

Omg me too, im only thirteen and ive only had my period for five months now. Its so bad i can bearly walk:(