So I have been suffering from Bacterial Vaginosis for some time now.But in the last 2 or 3 days have been feeling alot of irritation and some ichyness more then usual.I was able to look down there in a mirror and it look's red like its irritated.I've had yeast infections before and I know the feeling of a BV flare up but I'm not sure if I'm just having a major flare or if something is irritating it.I'm not to sure whats going on so can someone help me out here.I'm at a loss for words on whats going on.Dont know if its just a mild irritation to something or if it could be something else.

Hi! From my experience, if you are suffering from bacterial vaginosis you should always use a condom because it's easily transmitted. Have you taken any antibiotics for it? You also need to know that recurrence of bacterial vaginosis is possible even after successful treatment. More than half of those treated experience recurrent symptoms within 12 months. :-( so you should use all of the medicine prescribed for treatment of BV, even if the signs and symptoms go away. I read something about yogurt being good for BV, it says that you can use the tampon soaked in yogurt %-) I never tried this, but it may help.

Hi April,
Thanks for the information but I already knew most of it...I have been suffering from it for more then year now.Yes I have taken antibiotics for it but it keeps coming back.But what I'm talking about now is a bit different.The symptoms I'm having now I dont think are caused by my BV.I dont exactly know if my vagina is being sensitive to something or what but I just feel really irritated and a bit itchy.I hav not changed anything in my diet or anything like that so I find this kinda odd.But thanks for the info about BV anyway.

I'm sorry I couldn't help. Maybe your skin is dried by some washing detergents, fabric softeners, creams, etc. Maybe it's just a dermatological issue %-)

It's all good no worries...I'm going to make a doc appt since whatever it is has not gone away.But thanks for the advice.

I suffered from bacterial vaginosis and yeast infections for 9 years! I went to see a naturopath and she told me to get staphysagria. They sell it at sprouts in the homeopathic section, I take 3 pellets of the 200mcg twice a day every day and I have been 4months free of Any infection! Antibiotics are not the answer ladies they are doing more harm than good. I suggest to anyone who has been suffering from this to at least give staphysagria a try