I was first diagnosed with bacterial vaginosis about two years ago, when my boyfriend and I just started dating. I was put on the vaginal antiobiotic gel, but it kept coming back. Finally I went on an oral antibiotic and after two weeks I was cured. I've been fine ever since, but I still have vaginal pain during intercourse, and I'm not sure if it's just because of my partners size (he's th largest I've ever been with, but not huge), and the fact that we have sex pretty infrequently (because it's so painful, and I usually bleed a small amount each time.) The pain has ruined our sex life, I'm just wondering if any other females out there have had any lasting pain from a recurring bacterial infection?

I am going through this scenerio also. I went through the gel antibiotic (flagyl) treatment, but continue to have extremely painful intercourse to the point I just can't handle it. I abstained for two weeks from intercourse to see if that would help, but it did not. This is very frustrating! My boyfriend is also on the "larger" size. Could the gel cause such irritation?

i am also having this trouble and wondered whether you have resolved it yet? i don't know anyone else who still has the pain except me and it is really annoying as me and my boyfriend literally can't have sex anymore :-(

i am not a doctor, but considering the description (specifically bleeding) could be hitting your cervix, is it kind of a crampy pain?

I'm having a similar problem at the moment. I originally went to the doctor because of the pain I was experiencing during sex. It was so unbearable and I'd originally thought it was due to my partner's size but when I realised I should probably get it checked out they ran all these tests and found nothing except an over production of this natural bacteria. I'm actually on the anti-biotics at the moment hoping the pain will dissappear, but what I'm wondering is what kind of pain is it you were experiencing?
Mine is deep, like I can feel like it is going in to far or something...

I am experiencing the same issue. I have been treated for BV but still have trace amounts of the bacteria. The pain is not cramping but like the walls of my vagina are irritated and its like scratching. My sex partner is not on the bigger side (i've been with bigger) so it is not a size issue.