The guy that I am dating had sex with a woman who had an IUD. Apparently, shortly before they had sex, she had had her IUD removed because of an infection. He said he used a condom, but obviously penetrated her at some point, because she called me saying she had been pregnant for him. (Long story and one of the worse days of my life. It's still hard to this day.) He confirmed that there was a possibility that she could have been pregnant because he had penetrated her. I'm wondering is it possible that he gave me the bacterial infection that she was carrying? Around that time, I started experiencing symptoms such as external vaginal itching, pain during sex, a pea size lump in the labia area, and a foul vaginal smell. I didn't put two and two together until after I found out he had slept with her. Prior to finding out about her, I didn't know what was going on with me, and had started using cortisone and neosporin. I know that we would always mess around where he would put it in and pull it out. We had even had a couple pregnancy scares of our own. But after I did find out that he had slept with her, I let him know that I had noticed something on me (the lump). That was over a year ago. I remember that we had had such a long day, on the phone talking to her and each other, that we resorted to texting instead of talking later on that night. I text letting him know that I was really upset with him, and that I had also found something on me. He text back saying that I should get checked. We never really talked about it after that. I tried to block it out of my mind and just dealt with it. At the time I was having such a hard time finding out that he had slept with someone else. I really loved him and was trying to deal with the hurt. I didn't want to think that he had slept with another woman and given me something on top of that. I just kept myself clean and continued using both ointments. I never said anything else to him about it. I never got checked until, recently in the pass few months, I went to get put on birth control pills due to a hormone imbalance. The doctor told me that I had a yeast infection and a bacterial infection and gave me diflucan and metrodonizale. Even after treatment the lump still came back. Why is it that he didn't show any symptoms? He said that he has been tested and nothing showed up. But do men have symptoms, and why didn't it show up in his test results? I do oral sex on him and haven't had any symptoms of anything in my mouth. Is this possible to not have a bacterial infection in my mouth, too? And can he still pass the bacteria back and forth to me even though I got treated? I was fine until this last time we had unprotected sex. Now I have the lump and external vaginal itching again.

It sounds like your boyfriend may not be washing well enough or his hands aren't clean enough. Any time I change sexual partners I too get a yeast infection. I'm not sure why on that subject. Do not use cortisone in your vaginal area. This kills all the bacteria that you are suppose to have there and will give you a killer yeast infection. The previous bacterial infection was probably not completely cleared up. A round of antibiotics in of itself can give you a yeast infection. Try treating the bacterial infection with the antibiotics while treating the yeast infection with a 7 day cream. And tell him to wash wash wash and do not douche to often. You will wash away all your natural bacteria and open yourself to a new yeast infection

Hey, I know EXACTLY HOW YOU FEEL.....SAME CINARIO WITH ME.....EXACTLY THE SAME AND ITS HORRIBLE...I'm actually in that state right now...again...same guy and it just seems to always happen to me EVERY SINGLE TIME right after we have intercorse. It makes me mad to see him sleeping like a baby as I sit up in much pain. I've gone to 3 different doctors, 2 different clinics and taken 3 different antibiotics....none of which have helped I suppose. He slept with another woman a little over a year ago and I've been feeling this pain ever since. I hold much anger within me for him and that stupid girl....I hate that all this is continually happening to me and yet he shows NO SYMPTOMS, went and tested and they found NOTHING, and he goes about his life as if nothing had ever occured. I think I may end up seeing a urologist because the doctors at the clinics say that after this has happened 3 times or more, there is a definite bigger problem...don't wait till its too late...you may have problems in ur kidneys if you wait too long. I'm also thinking about using condoms and seeing if that makes any difference (I'm on nuvaring birth control at the moment). Stay strong.

I'm glad to hear that i'm not the only one with BV, Bacterial Vaginois..I had it for about 10 years now and hundreds of dollars later for Doctors bills, med's., and getting worse. I tell my doctor that when this happens my ovaries hurt, he tells me NO!! After 10 years of this problem I believe I know my own body. I asked my doctor COULD I have my boyfriend tested, he tells me it's not neccesary, and that was 2 weeks ago and now I have it again. My cosmo lady doctor told me that men do carry it (BV) and they should be tested!!!! I just again went to see my doctor to do a pap smear and I mentioned to him that my sister, not the doctor who told me this, that men could carry it, he then told me when I have it again and again I'll spend more money for him to tell me I have BV by doing a smear which I know I do from seeing him 2 weeks ago and then he will treat him with some med's well hell a lu yah. So my question is>>> Is it true that men can carry it and we could be playing ping pong. What medicine would he be taking??? what type of pills you can take over the counter for BV and do they work and what do you suggest? HELPPPPPP!!

Hey get checked for HPV Warts that is symptoms,itching and a lump! No lump on the mouth cause it is genetial that runs through the bloodstream it never goes away and your kids kids will have this. Sorry it takes up to about 2 years to detect this it is detected through a blood test. GoodLuck!

ANSWER TO YOUR QUESTION CONCERNING BV:

Yes, men can ABSOLUTELY be carriers of Bacterial Vaginosis (BV).  Whether they are aware of it or not is another story.   

Le'ts shed some light.... If a man has been with several women (unprotected) over the course of a year or even years, it is highly likely that one of the so-called “ladies” that he was with, had this situation.

Women who are not big on hygiene, and not knowledgeable about their own bodies are NOT the type of women that a guy should have sex with (especially unprotected)… Vice versa, women should stay clear away from any man who isn't clean and who is not on top of his hygiene. 

Women that do not go to their GYN doctor annually for a check up (perhaps out of embarrasement or uncertainty) will try to hide (cover up) any odor with douching, whereas they think it's just a feminie issue, and will have sex with a partner (unprotected)…  Now is she really going to tell the her partner anything?  Chances are she won't.  Why should she, especially if she doens't know what it is. 

Guys, please know that no decent woman will do this to you, especially if she loves you and she herself not aware. 

So, unfortunately, by the time this guy finally meets the girl that he wishes to settle down with, and they finally have intercourse… and let’s say she’s a virgin, or has been abstinent for reasonably some time (years so to say). Although she may have been abstinent, she gets her annual Pap Smear and is always issued a clean bill of health… So, they both finally together and have intercourse… He doesn’t know he has anything wrong with him because none of "those" women ever said anything to him… Now in the guys defense, He definately wouldn't know especially if it was a “One-night Stand” and he will never be with her again, etc… So the guy already regrets he was with her, and hopes that after 3 day waiting period, he won't have any issues...  So the 3 days pass, and he has no symptoms, so he believes he is safe.  So he goes on with his life as normal.  No symptoms, no issues, no problems...  

Ladies, no man in his right mind (that knows he has this) would ever be with you, especially if he cares about you… That is IF he is even aware (many times these guys have no clue… then again you have others who are just wreckless).  Again, many men have NO symptoms whatsoever.

FREE ADVICE:
Men should NOT have unprotected sex with women that they do not know, or even worse, who they do not trust. Men who have multiple partners and who are too macho for condoms can literally be walking around with BV, with clearly no symptoms for years…

Gentlemen, please do yourself a favor and take the time to get to know someone before jumping in bed with them. If you get with a virgin who really cares about you, or a girl who has been abstinent, and this is her first time...if she were to get something like this…what would she think?  She will freak out and believe that something is wrong with her.  I mean seriously… count the cost before jumping in bed with women... If there is even a slight possibility that you think you may have an infection, before you are even with a girl you care about, please go to your doctor for safe keeping.  Again, if you are not aware, she will respect your honesty and you can move on. 

Now, ladies do yourself a favor, take care of yourself and go visit your doctor.  If you have your menstrual… ph balance – that’s one thing… but if you were with a guy (unprotected) and all of a sudden now you have an unpleasant odor…. Chances are.....you’ve got BV…

Please see your doctor asap OK?

Wishing for it to go away, or douching isn’t going to get it from the root. That’s a mere cover-up.  If it’s the first time that you’ve ever had Sex, and shortly after you have any of these symptoms, go to the doctor soonest possible.  (BV is usually just an unpleasant odor, or slight discharge)... and then once you know, please let the guy know what it is.  If he is real and cares about you, he will appreciate you telling him and make an appointment to see his doctor. 

So to answer your question... YES, he should also be treated so that it does not go back-n-forth between you. 

If you are married, engaged or seeing someone exclusively, YES, please tell him asap.  No need for any unpleasant intercourse. ;)  

BV is a very common bacteria and can be treated in a single dose of Metronidazole 500mg.  They can treat it right away, and the doctor will usually give you 1 Refill if you slip up and have sex with him before he has been treated.  (If not just ask the doctor for 1 Refill). 

Listen people, YOU GUYS WILL MAKE IT, but you've got to take care of this, especially if your in a serious relationship,  engaged or married.  Sex should not be viewed a casual thing, however, save yourself for the right one... That goes both for men and women. 

Now for people who state that a man can not carry BV, a guy was honest and POSTED in February 2011 that he got it from a girl who he had unprotected sex with, and he himself had an odor and couldn’t get rid of it until he went to the doctor.  Can you imagine how he felt? Although men usually do not have any symptoms, if you are in a relationship and care about him, and you have any of these symptoms, please tell him. 

AGAIN, this is NOT the end of the world people, however, BV is real and not just a woman thing...

Take care of yourselves.  Be clean, honest and don't cheat.

Life is too short. 

Take care,

Cali

Okay this my short story I've been with my kids father for ten years and I'm just saying every time I find out that he has cheated on me and admits to not wearing protection I believe he's penis is dirty for sleeping with these women ,,,women it's just nasty they said they can't catch it I believe they do never had the problem until all this

Omg ok i thought i had a std soon as my b/d put it in me i started itching right away i thought than to my self he gave me a std i was getting wetter as usual an hornier i than went to the doctor an bam i had bv never had it before could he been sleeping with a men idk but bv is un normal for me i usally just get a yeast but he shows no symptoms i even broke out on my vagina an it itches really bad either he slepted with a prego women or he slepted with a men.

Your a real woman!! More females should be like you. He cheats on you and you still go down on him. Lol.

Yes men get B.V. and yes he probably had gotten it from that other female.

New Member
1 post
Is there a such thing as using too much metro-gel? I seem to get an odor all the time of in not using for 3 days and then stopping for about 3-4 days or so and then repeating. Can that be harmful to me? I also just had a miscarraige. I was wondering if that could've been why? My dr. However, said it was safe to use while pregnant, although I'm not certain about the amount that I do use! We are trying to get pregnant again, but I don't know if this is stopping us or not. Please help