For the last year i have been geting bacterial vaginosis. I get it every other month. I go to the doctors and get treated and it goes away for a few weeks and then comes back but i noticed that everytime i get it again its right after i have sex with myboyfriend without using a condom. when all this started we had unprotected sex while i was infected. So I'm wondering if he keeps giving it back to me. I asked my doctor if he could have it and she told me thats not possible but i feel like its a reasonable assumption!! Please help me figure this out because I'm tired of spending money on medications!

ive dated my boyfriend for over two yrs . Ive been faithful . Never had any health issue until lately ive been getting reoccuring bacterial vaginitis.
I found out hes cheated with someone for months who has been out there. Besides my disappointment of this , the doctors tell me he does not need to be treated, i disagree. I think there is a correlation, maybe one that havent been found yet. Although I was informed by a registered nurse that it can be transferred by oral sex. she informed me my partner would need to rinse mouth with listerine before. I am going to insist he be treated it is only right.
check it out

BV is not a sexually transmitted infection so him cheating is not necessarily directly linked with it. Although i do agree that un protected sex with my boyfirend can trigger things like bv or thrush, my theory is that some one elses genitals and the rubbing motions can just disrupt the natural balance of bacteria!

Eat lots of yogurt. It helps balance the good / bad bacteria

I can answer a question about cheating based on my personal experience. I had a partner whom I thought was cheating because I kept getting Bacterial Vaginosis. I'd go to the doc, treat it with antibiotics (oral), and then it would reoccur. Well, my partner got put in jail. I had a bout of B.V. at that time. I was treated for it while he was in jail. Now I have it again, and I have NOT had sex with anyone at all (and did not cheat on him while I was with him). I am celibate now and still have it. So, bacterial vaginosis can occur, and does occur, even if nobody is cheating! Believe me, I asked my doc about it, and I almost WANTED to hear that he was cheating. But my doc kept telling me NO, that's not a valid assumption. I am really glad I gave him the benefit of the doubt because I would have ruined a perfectly good relationship with accusations like that. Plus... be careful, ladies. You accuse a man falsely enough, and they will go and do something to make your accusations correct! Sad, but true!

A mans seman can throw off the balance of your vaginal ora due the acidity of it and cause Bacterial Vaginosis and/or a yeast infection depending on how your body reacts to the "invasion" of his seman. I am also suffering from BV and tend to get recurrent infections and it is usually a day or so after intercourse that it starts to show up. Hope this helps some of you.
Hugs,
Cassie

I've been having really bad issues with UTI infections and BV for about a year now. I'm wondering if anyone can help me pin point what's causing it possibly. I became sexually active for the first time, pretty much, when I met my current boyfriend. Also around that time, I started the depo provera shot. And ever since I've met him and started that shot, I've been having UTIs absolutely NONSTOP, at least once a month and now I'm having trouble with bacterial infections and odors. What could it be from?

I also went through a period of time where I got UTI infections often, this was right after I started having sex with my first bf. After several trips to my family doctor I decided to see a gynecologist. I was told that urinating after sex helps eliminate bacteria that can get in your urethral opening during sex. I now know that this is something that most women know, however at time it had never occured to me. In my case this made all the difference.

I also had a bad experience with bacterial vaginosis and recurring UTI's.  I was not having sex regularly began having sex with my now husband frequently.  I was very inexperienced and did not know that it was very important to urinate after each sexual encounter.  Now that I have began this as a practice I haven't had a UTI in over a year and a half.  Also, I was told by a specialist that bacterial vaginosis is very hard to get rid of...you can get treated once and then it show up again a month later.  My regular doctor has prescribed me antibiotics, but this pretty much did nothing.  I was so upset and I felt like I was battling a huge problem that would never end.  When I finally saw a specialist, she started me on a gel called Metronidazole for three weeks and this finally got rid of it.  I haven't had the symptoms for about a year and a half now.  Also, just as a side note, when I got married I decided to start using spermicide along with birth control since we would not be using condoms.  during the first two weeks of using spermicide I got two UTI's.  I read the back of the box and realized that spermicide (along with sex) can actually cause a UTI.  After I stopped using it, I didn't have another incident of a UTI.

every time i have intercourse wit my bf i get this odor down on my vagina, when i was wit my EX-BF this NEVER happened!! what i want to know is  what's sparking this problem between my current partner n i??? HELP! im so sick of this happening... i don t see us having a good life together if everytime we have intercourse this problem keeps occurring! i need to know how can i stop this... instead of jus treating it everytime it happens? I WANT IT TO STOP!! PLEASE ANYONE HELP ME!!!!!

I was dating this guy for a long time and had constant bv for 3 years we broke up and I haven't goten it sence. I have had other partners in the past year with no ill effects.however I just resently hooked up with the ex again and bam bv. I'm wondering if it is the ph of his sperm that is throwing me off. If so can I change my diet to make my ph closer to his.

hi did u find a answer to your question if so can u share

Well ive battled with it for years then my husband and I seperated began dating for a year another guys never had it the whole year slept with my ex husband came right back

I feel you on this topic because I too am suffering from a chronic case of BV.  It seems like that as soon as it goes away a few weeks later it comes back.  I have done everything that the doctors have said.  Loose fitting clothing, eating yogurt, and all kinds of other things.  I hardly have sex with my husband and I still get it.  I have changed femine products during that time of the month and it still comes back.  I am really getting tired of dragging my behind to the doctors office or the hospital when it gets to the point that i can not take it anymore.  I have not a clue as to what to do any more.  I really am looking for answers here and I hope that someone can help with this.

Is it true that if u put the pill (flagyl) inside ur vagina, it works also? I can't orally take it because I have a reaction where my lip swells up.