I was diagosed with Bacterial Vaginosis (BV) and perscribed antibiotics. I would have asked my doctor, but she wasn't there today and I ended up with a male doctor that I didn't know :$ I was too embarrassed to ask, so I'll ask you all. My question is - I was told that I can still have sex but to be sure to use condoms (always do anyways!) for 7 days - but what about figners? Does any precaution need to be taken if my partner plans on fingering me, or should this be avoided completely until treatment is finished?

thanks :-D

Generally it is best to keep germy things like fingers our of the vagina until treatment is finished.. Fingers carry germs, but if you really want to, make sure he washes his hands THOROUGHLY before and after.

I don't think you should have sext during Bacteria Vaginosis..This is an infection that smells fishy, so it can be embarrassing....Yeast infection and Bacteria Vaginosis are the two main common infections that women gets...they are easily treated and do not have any health concerns...they are absolutely normal...but that does not meant that this is something you should be getting all the time.