I'm a 14 year old female, and i think I might have BV (Bacterial Vaginosis). My vagina smells fishy and my discharge is not always clear. Usually it is, but sometimes its not. I've never been to a gyno, so I don't know what to do. Another problem is that I live with my dad and my 19 year old brother. My mom currently doesn't live with me and i don't really contact her much. I obviously cannot consult them, my dad wouldn't know what it is so I would have to explain "It's an infection, it makes my vagina smell, blah blah.." and that would be brutal. My brother would just laugh at me. Can someone help me, what causes BV, and is there anyway I can cure it without having to go to the doctors? I'm not about to ask my dad to take me to the gyno. That is so embarassing, and I have no idea how to contact the local health department. By the way, the smell is not horrendous. just if i rub down there to get rid of an itch or something, i smell my fingers (Hey, gross, but necessary to see if its gone!) and it smells faintly fishy. I don't have anyone to go to because my mom doesn't live with me!

i posted one of these but still no answer. i have the same issue but im 13 years old my mom lives with me but shes not home much and my dad well hes the average 5 year old male. he has no idea what hes doing and the one time i did tried to talk to him he laughed hes so immature but yeah if you do hear anything will you please reply because i dont know what to do and if theres a way to get rid of it without going to gyno or a doctor because honestly they scare me.

How do you know its BV? Look in the phone book and call your local health dept. If you have your own dr. then call and make and appt and let your dad drop you off.

ok,.so you both been experiencing this as well.
Im 18 and i think i may hav it as well.
sad to say but i too hav the smelly fishy below.=(
my husband really dosen care if i do hav nethin cos he loves me no matter.
as he says, baby wat u hav i hav so wer in it together.
real sweet i noe,but still im dyin ta get rid of it.
its 1 embarassin and disgustin mayne.
k honestly,it gets real wet down there even if i aint feelin sexual or nethin.
jus happens!n more or a white discharge.
ive heard that those symptoms are a sign of bv,also that to cure it u could use rephresh.
its a applicator clear jelly u can get at walmart.
safe n erythan..
im finna try it out cos im desperate,want it gone cos shoo,i hate smellin bad.!grrr..
ama get it tonyt so if nethin ill le yal noe if it worked out.
peaces to yal.
&good luck as well=)

Im 18 and i think i may hav it as well.
its 1 embarassin and 2 disgustin mayne.
jus happens!n more of a white discharge.
safe n erythan..
peaces to yal.
&good luck as well=)

I have had BV before. Its real simple to cure, go to the doctor, they give you antibiotics to clear it up.

Im 12 years old and i think i have it, it is soo embarasing but i dont want to go to the doctors just incase they have to check you over!

Im 12 year old and i tink i have Bacterial Vaginosis and i reeally want to get rid of it but i feel embarassed to tell anyone and if i want to go to the doctors but i dont want them to check me over that is the only thing i dont want!

Hi there. I know that you might be a little nervous to go to the doctor but it's a good idea to go! They are going to help you with your ailment and help cure you as quickly as possible. Do you think you'd be able to go?

Im having the same problem :$ i feel so gross cuz of it... i dont think its a yeast infection but i dunno what it is....im kinda scared

GUYS i read some med. for bv..
canesten vag. tablet.
i tried it. i guess 7 tabs.
then its gone for a week or month then
now i have probs again..
my vag smells fishy and after sex wid mah guy
its really embarrassing..

i am 13 and have th same problem. i looked up home remedies on my comp and what you can do is bath in water and 3 cups of viniger or you can soke a tampon in live yogurt and put it in, this will get rid of bacteria and replace it with good things
hope this helps:)

I am 14 also, and i think i have b.v. ...
i live with my dad,
and he never understands girl stuff,
he overthinks everything and will probably assume im having sex already, which i am not,
my vag smells icky and whenever i am at school and i fold my legs or open them,
it stinks!
i cant stand the darn smell!
and my discharge!
eww!
so grossss!
i am in high school too,
so that just makes everythinggg soooo much bettter!
but im having my nana take me to the doctor soon, i hope.
i hope you find a way out of this!

im 12 years of age and i think i have bv i dont want to tell my mum and dont want to go to the doctors because they mite check me over im really scared and dont know what to do can you help me please

Okay, well I'm 14 an I've been having the exsact same problumes as everyone else on here that I've been reading. I have had the fishy smell, an the gross discharge. I have had this problume for about 3years. At times it would go away & come back. I never new what it could of been. I did everything that I would think might help. As of drinking water all the time, cleaning down in the area very very well. I'm fed up. I hate it so much &Its embarresing. So I decided to look online an do some research as to what I might have. I saw alot of women posting the problumes they have an I saw that it all was the same as mine. An they all recommend that its BV. Now I'm afraid to tell anyone even my mom. I don't want to ask to go to a doctor because my vagina smells funny. I don't want her to think of negative reasons or anything. I have never been to a obgyn doctor, I really want to go to see the doctor though because I want this gone & I was reading that thats the number one suggestion, is to see a doctor. I was unsure if I was to call a doctor on my own if they would make a appointment to see me on my own with out my parent or somebody. Because I don't know alot of my information. I would really really apprciate it if somebody could give me the advice I'm looking for or to answer my questions with mature answers. Thanks. (: