Hi Everyone,

Until a year ago i didn't have any problems with my lady parts, i.e. yeast, bacteria, infections....nothing of the sort, ever. Then i met my husband! A few weeks after we met we had sex, fine so far. Things went on as normal until about a month or so into our relationship. One morning i noticed a foul odor coming from my vagina, it had a fishy smell and was pretty much gross. I thought maybe it was yeast so i bought Monistat and used it acordingly, the odor went away but only for a short time, actually until we had intercourse again. The first thing i thought of was "Oh my Gosh, he gave me an STD" Now, when your 53 (at the time) it's kinda un heard of! I called him and pretty much accused him of sharing his little problem with me and told him that i had made an appt. to be checked out.

He was a wreck and guaranteed me that he had not slept with anyone for a year or more before me, of course i didn't want to hear it and told him that i would call him with my test results. I had pretty much talked myself into the fact that he had infected me with some nasty kind of something and that he could consider himself history. The Dr. took a culture and told me it was BV and not an STD, now i felt foolish. I called him and apologized and he was so gracious about it. He said he did not blame me as he may have reacted the same as i did. I took the meds and life went on with no more stink and infection.

Fastforward........Everytime we had intercourse within 2 days the foul smell would return and i would trott back to my Dr. to get another round of meds. Eventually she wouldn't see me anymore and referred me to a specialist in the office. This Dr. examined me and told me this: My body was rejecting his sperm!!!!! WHAT, no more sex, do i have to use a condom after all this time? I was so upset. I had finally found the man of my dreams and can't have unprotected intercourse? I explained the situation to him and he just looked at me like i had just sprouted 3 more heads, totally in disbelief. But after it sunk in he told me that it was ok and because he loved me so much that he would wear a condom. We continued to have intercourse with no condom (my choice) and as usual, i would call the Dr. and as usual, another round of meds. This was gettin out of control. She put me on a 6 month regimen of a med that i had to insert into my vagina twice a week for six months. Each time we had sex she told me to immediatly douch with vinegar and water as well. This was fine, but if i forgot to put the meds in, the smell came back. I was getting so depressed that i didn't want to have sex anymore and no way could we have that spontaneous lovemaking right out of the blue in the middle of the day.

We got married this past January, still with my nagging little problem hanging on for dear life. One day i was thinking, the Dr. said the bad bacteria is eating the good bacterial and not being able to accept my husbands sperm because of it, resulting in the BV, every single time. So.....about about a month ago i got a wild notion that i need to keep replenishing the good bacteria, somehow. I was at the store one day looking at vitamins and saw a bottle of acidophilus, a pro biotic loaded with over a billion active cultures, so i bought it, what have i got to loose?

I started taking one a day with my breakfast and noticed that the smell was slowly going away. I have not used the meds in over 3 months prior to finding these pills and the smell was certainly there as big as ever. Everyday i would look to see if the odor was here, it was getting fainter and fainter and by the end of the first week on the vitamins it's gone! Now the true test, intercourse without douching afterwards. Well, we did and i went to the bathroom as usual, peed, washed my business and went to sleep without douching. My husband jokingly asked me if i was going to make my salad (vinegar) salad dressing, get it? Anyway, i didn't do it because i was taking another step to see if i had fixed my problem. I woke up the next morning and couldn't wait to get to the bathroom, no smell, no smell at all. But give it a day or so, i'm sure it will come back as usual. Each day went by and nothing happened. My husband popped in for lunch the other day and we had a quick nooner, i wasn't worried about my problem, it was not there.

I will keep on using this stuff from now on. I am not saying that it cured it, i don't know for sure, but i feel much better mentally and it is so nice to have a quick roll without having to check my stuff for a smell. I am not saying that it will work for everyone who has this problem, but it worked for me, so far.

And the best thing here is - probiotics are not harmful and don't have any side effects (only if you dropped a ton of them over lab-rat's head). The thing is, the treatment you were given for the BV make the disease worse because the antibiotics erradicate everything, and the worse it gets the longer you have to take them.
I would get each my antibiotic dosages every 2 months for new strain-strep throat infection. It took me times and times of treating yeast infections  that were coming back from nowhere (at one point I had Candida infection of tongue because of "known side-effect") before pharmacist who noticed me buying antibiotics this often said - hey, you can't take that this long without probiotics, you won't be even able to digest food! And I was given a full regimen - yogurt every day, acidophilus milk and probiotic capsules 3 times a day. And an explanation - antibiotics even destroy the good intestinal bacteria that we use to digest food, the pill doesn't know the difference.
So, yes it works and there is no harm in trying.
Almost the end of best thing in marriage... not this time :D And you are a lucky, lucky woman, really, to find such a man!

Wow! An alternative to live culture yogurt eating!

I am so glad you did that experiment with the acidi... supplements! You actually came up with a non-dairy way to curb a nasty infection otherwise not healthy treatable!  I said  'not healthy'  as most gyn docs say to not use douches on a regular basis or you could be pushing a nasty germ or two further up into your female reproductive system. Thank you so much for heralding this option with your very winsome testimony. YOU are a testimony for me that saves my dy TREMENDOUSLY.  Again, THANKS. - Lady K.           

<3 XD:-|:-)

Has your husband ever been checked out by the doctor to see if he is the source of the yeast infections. He could be symptom free but continuously reexposing you?

Thanx a million! Im going to buy some pro biotics tomorrow. I try to eat yogurt every day. Even though i hate it. Now i wanna get my boyfriend checked out. Because this is like a Curse! My periods arent even bad. Just this awful cursed smell.

I did the same, however inserted 1 one billion capsule directly into my vagina for a week, then daily took the probiotic casual orally. Only thing that worked along with ensuring my partner was clear on cleaning himself after masturbation, sex and urination. Finally have it Sussed but took 7 months of trying everything, I mean everything first before this. Try it ladies it works!