Lately I had discussion in my house, with my family. It was all about our neighbor who has colon cancer, and he was complaining his feet swelling. Now we are confused and doubt of our knowledge what colon is, because we can’t understand connection between water and stool. We would like to know more about function of colon. Also, why it happened his legs swell because of colon cancer, maybe it metastases in feet?

It’s question what happens when the food passes through the ileocecal valve and enters the ceacum. Ceacum is part of large intestine, also called and colon. The large intestine is a living and breathing organ made of millions of cells breathing in a fluid of toxic waste. This may cause colon to degenerate, or become cancerous. Also colon might lose tone and become spastic due to excess infection leading to inflammation. What colon doing is dehydrate fecal mass and stores it into large intestine. Cleansing of it is essential for good health and prevention of cancer. Also, there are many others reasons why someone gets cancer. When it happens, it’s normal if water retention and swelling of feet is reported. Since colon absorbing the water, maybe retention of excess water may change place and occur in feet. Also, it is possible some metastases occurred in kidney, heart or any other part of his body, if cancer is malignant.