I have a friend who is muslim. We are good friends and like to spend time together. When I asked her to join me at the beach she replied that she couldn’t undress at the beach or anywhere in public. She cannot wear any swimsuit like the rest of us, western women. Is there any way she can go and swim with me without breaking their rules?

It appears not.

The Koran requires women to cover everything except their faces, hands, and feet. A Muslim woman's body is not a part of the public conversation. Swimming in their traditional outdoor suits is asking for drowning since there are some 10 pounds of wet clothes to wear while swimming. I heard of an Australian website, selling swimwear for the Muslim females who want to enjoy swimming while remain faithful to the strict rules that keep them pure and hide all provoking skin. It’s really good! You can both check it out. See for yourself. In fact it is more than that. It’s also popular with those who have skin conditions and scarring. Also, western women living in Muslim countries or those who want to keep their skin white will find this swimwear attractive.