They had a segment on GMA this morning about stretch clothing to reshape your body. The last one they showed was a full body suit on a female mannequin. They mentioned the fig leaf they had to put on it.

Huh?

A mannequin with a camel toe? :-S

With the things they show and say in commercials today you wouldn't think a mannequin's camel toe would need to be censored. 8-|

thats a good question...heres another. why would they make a mannequin with a camel toe? why not just make it smooth kinda like a barbie?

Here is another question: Why do people find the naked body so offensive anyway? Who cares? It's just nudity! It drives me crazy, this prudishness.

That should certainly make a good subject for an interesting discussion.

I don't believe it's always been like that throughout history and it doesn't appear to be universal even today. Aside from Muslim countries, much of the world seems to be OK with it to varying degrees. The US seems to be the most prudish in my opinion. I think that was imported from Britain many years ago. (Queen Victoria?) They seem to have outgrown that attitude much more than the US has.

When my father was in France during WWI he said they had holes in the sidewalk where you stood to pee, out in the open in public.

When I was racing, we often raced at a track in Canada. They had a lounge in the timing tower where we sometimes stopped after the races. The first time I was there I spent some time looking at two unmarked restroom doors attempting to figure out which one I was supposed to use. Eventually I saw some guys come out of one so I went in there. There were urinals on the left wall and toilet stalls at the rear without any doors. I figured I got the right one. I was standing at a urinal when I heard someone come in and go sit on a toilet. Shortly thereafter a female voice coming from the toilet area said something to me about the race that day. That surprised me and I turned to look over there. She was just sitting there on the throne, not even clinching her legs together. She continued the conversation as though this was quite normal. I tried not to look too surprised. I bet she was having a good time seeing what the stupid American's reaction was. I wonder if she regularly got her kicks, ambushing Americans in those restrooms.

Topless lawnmowing is legal in Maine and full nudity is OK in Brattleboro Vermont. Google those to see what they say. There are plenty of DVDs for sale showing naked Russian families enjoying themselves at vacation spots. I doubt the demand for those caused a whole bunch of Russian families to go out cavorting nude to make the videos. I expect they were already out there and found they could make some money selling their home movies.

I think it's a shame that we're raised that way. I sometimes wonder if that isn't the root cause of many of the sex crimes we have.