My breast is swollen on the left side it is sore and itchy at times. I noticed it about 3 years ago and it keeps getting larger. Haven’t noticed any discharge of fluids or have any other symptoms. Last year I had seen a doctor about it. He checked for lumps and also checked my hands for signs of liver problems and found nothing he also referred me to a women’s clinic for a monogram to have it checked out further but I didn’t go because of the embarrassment of going to a woman’s clinic. I have had surgery on my shoulder when I was 20, it kept dislocating. I am a 32 year old white male and don’t have any medical insurance and can’t afford to pay for a bunch of testing. I guess what I’m looking for here are some answers to weather or not its cancer or what else could it be. I am about to loose my mind over this. Thank you for your time.

First of all, I have to tell you that there is no space for embarrassment when it’s the matter of your health! You should have gone to the women’s clinic, that was for your sake, you shouldn’t have paid much attention to what other’s would have said. I think you made a big mistake not going to the clinic, you could have found out what is the reason for your problem last year already!!
What I first want to ask you is the matter of using some drugs for a longer period that might have caused enlargement due to a hormonal change?
If you haven’t discovered any lumps in your breasts, there is no fear you are having cancer. The breast cancer is very rare in men, it happens in 1% of all men and usually occurs in elder men.
So, the first thing you should now do is go back to see your doctor and say the problem you’ve had has not faded away, and ask him to refer you to this women’s clinic once more, but this time you really go there, okay?
Remember, there is no shame when it’s your health concerned!

Thanks for your quick response DanDan. Yes I do realize now not going was a big mistake and this week I am going to try to find a clinic that can do the testing I need. However I have used Ranitidine for a LONG time before switching to Prilocec. I have moderate heartburn and was taking up to 300mg of Ranitidine a day before switching. Other than that I may use albuterol on occasion but that’s it. Could the Ranitidine cause some kind of hormonal imbalance?

It is good that you mentioned taking Ranitidine. There were reports about this drug and others that are used to treat stomach ulcers about causing gynecomastia. Gynecomastia is enlargement of the breast tissue in men. One or both breasts may be affected and some men even suffer from milk production.
The most common causes of this disorder are decrease in androgen (male hormone) production, increase in estrogen formation (female hormone), certain medications. Medications known to cause gunecomastia are hormones, certain antibiotics, cardiovascular drugs, drugs like marijuana, alcohol, tricyclic antidepressants and from anti-ulcer medications-cimetidine.
Now, Ranitidine has also been linked with gynecomastia but it appeared in only one case, so certain scientists did some testing to determine which of the anti-ulcer drugs have a role in gynecomastia. Cimetidine is the only one who was found to represent a risk of developing gynecomastia.
However, since Ranitidine has been found to had caused gynecomastia even that one time, you should certainly bring it up to the women’s clinic when you go there.
If gynecomastia was caused by the drug, coming off the drug should solve the problem.
It is important that you don’t stop taking this drug abruptly now but have this checked and then act according to the doctor’s findings.

just an fyi... you can indeed have cancer with no lump....male or female....and it usually attacks the young...its' called inflammatory breast cancer....back to the books, doc

Hi im going to the doctor on monday dec 21, to see what he thinks about my breast, my left breast is thicker then the right, ever since puberty ive had swollen nodes in there in both, but the left has always been bigger. well its still that way and im almost 20. cancer runs in my family and i found a nichle sized lump located under my skin in my left breast top left to the nipple, i noticed it a couple days ago but im sure its been there for a while. no discharge at all, and it does hurt but i think thats because ive been messing with it. any thoughts? i think my nipple is red and harder then the other, but then again i have been messing with it.

Also i have a bump that has its own seperate tube on my left testicle, its been there for like five years, no change in size, but it hurts. its been looked at by doctors many times, they say it will go away, any thoughts on that, could it become cancer?
So if anyone has any info on my breast and/or testicle lol please email me **** i am a worrie wart.

**edited by moderator** **e-mails are not allowed**