• I am a 14 years old girl concerned about breast cancer. I know there is an INCREDIBLY low chance of me getting cancer but I am worried. My breast bumps are bigger and heavier than they used to be but the size hasn't changed (especially in my left breast). And my breast itches so much sometimes, and can suddenly give me a smal slight stabbing pain. Should I be worried or am I just paranoid?

Health Guru
Hi Lillian 3110. Your very sensible to be concerned about this but at 14 it is probably just growing stages that are causing the symptoms you describe, carry on checking your breasts on a regular basis and if you are still concerned about it then talk to your mum about it and get her to take you to the doctor or go see your school nurse and talk to her about it.
Hope all turns out well for you :-)

Hi Lilian3110

You are still in your growth years and breast changes are common. Yes, if you wearing a tight bra, you may experience discomfort. Some girls do experience lumps during growing up years, it is perfectly normal. Just do NOT squeeze or prode your breasts, you may aggravate symptoms. The same goes pinching nipples to check for discharge. Eat well, sleep well, do NOT wear a bra during night time - remove bra once you are at home - your breasts need to feel free and comforable. Always wear correct size of bra. As for existing pain - do please visit a doctor who might prescribe mildest medicine to relieve symptoms. Do not form a habit to consume this drug for long time. Good luck