My husband has visited urologist last week and he told him that he has swollen prostate. He needs to go again this week. He says that exam is really uncomfortable and he doesn’t want to talk with me about it .I am concerned that could be the sign of some serious condition, like cancer. Does anyone know more about it? Thanks in advance.

Swollen prostate can be symptoms of other non-cancerous conditions like acute bacterial prostatitis, it is not always sign of cancer. A digital rectal exam is a method to determine if the prostate is tender or swollen. They usually collect urine and sample of prostatic fluid and analyzed it .They determine presence of white blood cells in urine and signs of bacteria. That was probably what they did with your husband too. When he gets the results of testing then doctor will set a diagnose.