Hi. This morning while I was taking a shower I noticed that my right labia was swollen and red and when I touched it, it was very painful. It's not at all itchy and I haven't noticed anything else out of the ordinary around that area. I haven't had sex in quite a while so I am sure it has nothing to do with that, but I am concerned that it is something serious. If anybody could help I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks!

I have the same thing and I am worried. For the past 6 months my right lymph node in my groin has been swollen and sometimes painful. Now... the past few days my right labia is swollen and painful to touch. My pubic bone (on the right side) is also tender. Anyone have any ideas?

I am booked to see my OBGYN on tuesday but am very worried. It can't be anything sex related as that hasn't happened in a long time.

Mine is too it the right one also.
and i dont know what to do ?
i need help

**edited by moderator**

urgant

what you have sounds exactly like a blocked sebaceous gland, which just means that your hormone levels (or stress levels) have changed enough to cause a pimple-like bump. Sebaceous glands are found all over the body except your hands and feet, and they keep the skin lubricated while getting rid of bacteria from under the skin. If they become blocked, they swell up with sebum, which is like pus under a pimple (gross, i know). To get them to go away, you have to keep the area clean and DRY. Don't wear leggings, tight pants, thongs or panty-hose if you can avoid it, and switch to all cotton underwear.