I have noticed that i have a swollen painful lump on my labia majora, i have not had sex, and i have not even been doing things like mutual masturbation or oral sex, so i do not believe that it is a form of an STD. I've had one before this, it turned into a pimple type thing, that i could then pop and it would feel better, however the first one i got then turned a purpley color and the skin there turned smooth, it is no longer inflamed, but is still there, no hair grows on that small spot, should i be worried about this bump? I recently got another bump that is very painful, i was told putting a warm cloth on it would help it go back down that it could be from a gland, however, i am concerned that the first bump i had turned purple, then very smooth. Help me?

Hi clarinetist12, I think that whatever it is, it cannot really hurt to see a doctor. I know that a lump like that could be something indicating a disease or it could be something benign, but it does need to be checked out by a medical health professional. Please let us know how it turns out because I think it should be something that needs to be investigated. Let me know!