I have searched the blogs on this website and others for a while now and haven't found anything that describes my problem exactly. So I'll just talk about my problem.

So I have these cyst like bumps underneath the outer skin of my labia minora. I've had them before, than they stop when I'm sexually active. They are painful (on a scale from 1-10 probably a 3) when they are touched or rubbed. I know it's not an STD cause I had them even when I was a virgin.

Sometimes when they are really painful I will get enough courage to squeeze them. Nothing comes out, but it breaks up a little. The hardness of it goes away and than it is ok for a while.

It's only on one labia minora (my right one) and it's in the same two spots. When I went into see my Gyno I didn't have them cause I was married and sexually active at the time.

I was told that this could be fluid build up. Remember there is no head, no popping, no puss. Just a cyst like ball that I squeeze and it breaks up a little than gets back together. kinda feels like a tic tac!.

I hope someone out there either knows what I'm talking about or has an answer!

Devin

I've been all over several forums, Q & A boards, women's health sites, etc. and every single one I've come across talk about lumps or bumps that are like zits/pimples or blisters or cases of herpes.
Your post is the first to even come close to describe my own bump because mine is IN the labia minora as well and there's no popping it or oozing fluids of any sort.

This is the second one I've developed in the past two months. I haven't been sexually active in over a year so I can't compare the "when I'm sexually active" part of your problem to my own since I've only had two and only recently - never had them when I wasn't active before.
And while I'd agree it's about a 3 on the pain scale when rubbed or touched, I haven't been able to squeeze it to "break it up" as you say 'cause THAT is really painful if I squeeze it too hard (or maybe I'm just a wuss 'cause I can't even wax my bikini line it hurts too much, I'll stick to shaving). I've only squeezed it gently enough to feel that it feels semi-hard inside, not soft or squishy like liquid.

Anyway, the first was in the same spot, I just left it alone and it eventually went away within 11 - 12 days. But the fact that it is sore to touch is bothersome to me because I have quite a large inner right lip (the one the bump comes up in) - so much so it hangs outside of the outer lips and is more than twice as large as my left one. So it gets rubbed quite a bit, not being inside and protected by the outer lips like the left one is. Not just wiping, but walking or even adjusting my sitting position.

Another possibility I've heard others throw out about other bumps and lumps was an ingrown hair, but that doesn't apply since no hair grows there. So I've been a bit frustrated thinking I'm the only one with this type of bump.
I obviously have no answer for ya, and sorry, wish I did - Just glad to see, finally, someone else has a bump very much like my own that isn't any of these things (pimples, herpes, etc.) talked about a million times elsewhere.
Other than what I did with my first one (leave it alone and it goes away within a week or two), I'm anxious to see what other responses you may get.

I too just recently got a hard lump in between my inner and outer labia on the right side. There is only one, probably 1 cm wide, and when I press on it, its extremely hard and extremely painful to the touch. I can hardly sit with my legs together as it presses up against the lump. I havent had sex in almost a year, and I've had 2 std screenings since then (before the bump tho) but everything came back negative. I have no idea what this is but its not a pimple or an ingrown hair and there is no popping this. It's almost like a boil?

I've got the same thing on the right side. It is red and hard. The area around it is swollen and very painful. I am not sexually active (it's been many years), so that's out. What is going on? I can hardly stand to sit at my desk all day as it is so painful.

Hi Guys!

Im glad I have found this forum, as I have exactly the same problem.

I have been getting these 'lumps' since I was 16 and I know its not an STD as im still a virgin.

I usually get them around the time of my period, or when im feeling ill, down or tired. Unlike you, I get them on both sides and come in different sizes and in diff places.

I usually wash it with soap while in shower and they are usually gone within a few days, also the more i touch or try to burst it the worse and bigger it gets.

I haven't found out what it is and I have been for a smear or any STD screening, I am thinking about them as I have had them for 7 years.

I have found this website, with a few other people have similar probs, doesnt really suggest anything apart from visit your GP or gynacolgist.

Ah. I know exactly what you mean. I have the same problem. though the bumps I have are really small, hard, and white. sort of in the skin of the labia. I don't know what it is. I've never been able to get rid of it and I've had it for a long time another thing is I don't know if it's normal. there is actually really fine, short, blond hairs growing on the soft tissue above the clitoris. and when I pluck them they turn into little bumps more or less but then grow back. I have more then one of those hard bumps on my labia on the left side. I'm so self conscious about it that I'm too scared to let my boyfriend go down on me. if anyone has ANY advice on this I'd be so happy.

Also, I'm not sexually active so I really don't know if that has anything to do with it (in my case)

Also, the lumps between the thighs and the labia majora, I've gotten those two since I was about 12. I don't really worry about those too much.

i have the same thing as the rest of you. i pricked it with a needle and a clear liquid came quickly out. The hardness is the pressure inside. The next day it was back, so i did it again...kind of reminds me of an ingrown hair or something. Not too painful though. I've been sexual active for 8 years and this is the second time I've had one. The first went a away on it's own. Soon I'm headed to the Gyno, I'll report back if i learn anything

Did you get it checked out? It'd help me so much to know what it is or what I can do about it because I have the same thing.

I had an ultrasound for one of these bumps on my right labia under the skin. My doctor said that it is an ovariun cyst that causes when ovulation occurs. I got it checked out because I didnt have a period in over a year. It all sounds the same to what im dealing with...I hope this helps somewhat!

I also have the same thing going on. This is now the second time i've gotten one of these. Mine also show up on the right side of my labia minora ... i haven't been sexually active in over 2 years and they seem to appear a week or so before ovulation. mine seems to be inside the skin, and is hard. I've tried squeezing it, it is painful but nothing seems to happen. I just ended ovulation a day ago, so i'm going to wait a few days and see if it goes away ... mine also does not hurt unless i press on it rather hard, otherwise i cant even tell it's there.

Hi everyone, i have had these swollen glands for a while now, mine comes back in the exact same place everytime. I went to my doctor, he gave me an antibiotic (cephalexin) that worked and it was gone that day, however it wasn't meant to come back after that. It has come back several times now, so i went to see the gyno. I have now had it removed. I have been searching the web to find out what they exactly are, im guessing that they are a sebaceous gland that has swelled up, or been blocked. It is called a sebaceous cyst. Basically, the glands that secrete sebum on our labia minora get blocked and swell up. My friend has had it too, but hers has never come back. If it doesn't go away, i recommend you to get it removed.

I also have a lump on my labia minora. Mine is on my left side. Like one of the previous posts that labia is a bit larger and my thoughts were I got the 'lump' because of friction of wearing maxi pads during my period. It happen to appear right after that. I original tried to squeeze it but nothing happen. (I had other 'pimples' on my labias that easily popped and went away). I finally used a pin to pop it. Like others pus and blood came out. I've popped it three times now and still pus /blood comes out and it hasn't gone away. So has anyone find out what this could be? Obviously it can't be an ingrown hair because hair does not grow there. Could it have been caused by friction? Will it ever go away? Mine has been with me for two weeks now.

"Soon I'm headed to the Gyno, I'll report back if i learn anything" ...what was your answer? I'm very curious.

THANKS

I had the same thing. I went to the OBGYN and she said it was a cyst. She lanced it and got all the pus out of it which was very painful. She prescribed Bactrim (antibiotics) for 10 days and recommended sitz baths twice a day.

I get a bump inside my labia minora as well. I haven had sex in a few years and I have no stds, so it is not herpes like people keep trying to say it is. I have been tested. I know I have none. Anyways, mine is under the skin. No head, no nothing. Just a hard painful bump, especially when I wipe. It is always in the same place, just inside my inner labia near the top on tne left. I sit in tha hottest water I can stand twice a day and also put a hot comress on it. Ot helps reduce the time I have it for. Yoo can wet a washcloth, throw it in the microwave for 20 seconds and you have a very hot compress. Now, you may look funny due to the position you may have to lay in, sit in, whatever, in order to get the hot compress where you eed it, but it works for me and my gyno advised it and said it was a good thing to do. It is just a cyst.

so i have the same problem too. which I'm so happy that other people have it too. at first I thought I was the only one. So I really want to know what it is!! Its on the left side of the labia, its wierd because most of us only have it on one side... anyways i hope someone could find out what