Lately I noticed that after sex my upper vaginal lip is swollen. I am not in relationship but I have sex very often. Most of the time I use protection, but it happens that I don’t have with me occasionally. I am afraid that is could be symptom of herpes. I don’t know who to talk to. Please tell me the symptoms of herpes.

Primary Genital Herpes Infection occurs in or around the genital area to eight days after exposure to the virus. Men symptoms are usually blisters on head or shaft of the penis, but with women is more complicated. Lesions may appear around the vagina opening, inside, on the buttocks or cervix, these lesions ulcerate immediately and later they become crusty and fill with a grayish-white fluid. Often happens that women have these inside of vagina and they are not aware that they have herpes. Upper swollen lip could be a symptom of herpes but also of some other STD. Best thing you can do is to go on gynecological check.