I had big issues with my voice box or larynx, sore throat that doesn’t go away and terrible pain when swallowing. I went to see a doctor finally and he did biopsy test on me… and the worst results was found…voice box cancer. I don’t know what is going to be next chemo or surgery, I am desperate and afraid. What are treatments for voice box cancer…I need information…please help me here.

I am sorry to hear this. I don’t know what is going to be your treatment but three kinds of treatment are used: radiation therapy (using high-dose x-rays or other high-energy rays to kill cancer cells); surgery (taking out the cancer); chemotherapy (using drugs to kill cancer cells). Surgery is a common treatment of voice box cancer, and a doctor may remove the cancer and part of the larynx using one of the following operations: a cordectomy takes out only the vocal cord, a supraglottic laryngectomy, a partial or hemilaryngectomy removes only part of the larynx or total laryngectomy removes the entire larynx. Laser surgery may also be used for very early cancers of the larynx. People with Voice Box Cancer have a higher risk of getting other cancers in the head and neck area, in the mouth, throat, windpipe, nose, or esophagus.