Hi, good people. My uncle has been diagnosed with larynx cancer. This tumor has spread and given metastasis in the neck. I am afraid for him and I would like to know how this is treated. I am afraid of these metastases. I hope someone will know to answer to my post. Thank you in advance.

Hi to you too. If the tumor has spread on the neck, it means that it has affected neck lymphatic nodes. The prognosis in this case is more serious. I think that surgery here cannot help much, except if it is palliative. I think that your uncle’s treatment will consist of radiation and/or chemotherapy. There are specials protocols. It depends which lymphatic nodes are affected and if there are visceral metastases. When I say “visceral metastases”, I mean if organs are affected. Consult a specialist. I hope I have helped a little.