to cut a long story short, in late august'06 i came down with a severe cold and sore throat, lasted 3 days, followed by a dryness sensation in the nasal cavity for about a month or two. i went to the doctor said i have candida, second doctor candida as well. took nystanin didn't help my sore throat.

november got my condition worse, with persistent sore throat in THE UPPER throat region ABOVE my ulvula, soft palate (at least that is how i feel it). it's more itchy than sore but it's disturbing, and i can feel it most when i breathe and swallow. the ENT doc said i have chronic sinusitis, made an frontal xray and gave me antibiotics and antifungal (antifungal wich i couldn't take due to side effects). i also did aerosoles with antibiotics, but all that helped due to the hydratation of the nasal cavity, not due to the antibiotics in them. in december i got chicken pox, and took injectable antibiotics in large doses to avoid skin infection, and it seemed better for 2 weeks or so, but as soon as the holidays were over it came back. a week ago i caughed up my postnasal drip with two dots of blood in it (sorry for the graphic display), and it seems a very little ammount is present always in the mucus i spit. i'm very worried. yesterday(after a week) again some blood in my mucus. so i went to another ent, i told her i was concerned about cancer and i think she denied it from the start and really didn't study me well. also said it could be a streptococus or fungal infections. i have to do some tests next week.

i must specify that i'm 18 .. smoker. i also have two pea sized (or larger ~1cm) hard lymph nodes on the left side of the neck, but they were larger when i had the chicken pox.

some left ear problems as well, feels a little weird, stuffed.
i'm worried that only my left side of my throat hurts and i feel the pain inside the nasal cavity not like in a strep throat. plus i always have infected tonsils with little white spots and dots ALSO on the left side. i guess if it's not cancer, the infection might have migrated to the upper throat region.

so .. please tell me if these symptoms should get me worried or it's just a couple of broken vessels with the blood, and ear infection due to sinusitis and infection of the upper throat/nasal cavity.

* Quote:

to cut a long story short...

so what did you find out?

nothing :/ it's getting worse.. teeth and headache

i believe u need to take this serious, as i am one of the sinusitis patient too...n if u r a smoker n u still smoke u better should stop it now...n i hope u'll soon be better

Hi. I'm 20 years old and have been having similar symptoms for about 4 years now. I have a burning sensation on my soft palate and a painful lump above my soft palate (nasopharynx?) I also have small lumps in my neck and pain mostly on the left side of my throat and a stuffy feeling in my left ear especially when i exercise. I also get dry mouth a lot and wake up with a severe burning sensation on my soft palate that comes and goes during the day. I am also a smoker. been to doctors but they all just seemed to take it lightly and prescribe anti biotics which are unresponsive. Going to an ENT soon. Have you found out anything about your symptoms yet?