HI there! For the last five days I have been suffering from a soar throat and swollen lymph nodes. I didn’t want to take any antibiotics as I know that sore throats are usually viral infections, so I just waited for my body to fight it itself.
However, there is no improvement, and I even started having headaches, and feeling tired. Should I use any drugs or remedies to make this go away? Thx!

Hello! You are right about the sore throat and viruses but your symptoms sound more like a strep throat which is caused by bacteria. More often children get ill from this infection but it can happen to older ones as well. It is best treated with antibiotics ( of course ). You can go to a doc and have your throat checked just to make sure and to get some prescriptions. If strep throat is left untreated, it may lead to rheumatic fever or even kidney complications.

I have just been looking at the previous post and evenry single month without failure i get a really bad sore throat and the swallon glands to. Some days it is really bad. But it does always happen every month. Im not sure what to do?

hi, i have just started my 6 thmonth and last month i had swollen lymph nodes on my right side of my neck then they disappeared without any antiobiotics in 10 days but had severe pain, now 2 days before i felt swelling under the chin.

Yesterday pain started far in the left side fo my neck and it is now all over the left side i have swollen lymph nodes.

i think i am allergic to pollen. or i am not sure. can i just wait and let it go away or take the antibiotic.

thank you for your answer

Did you ever find out why you get this regularly? How old are you? My 22 yr old son has been getting this regularly for a year now. Sometimes its strep but usually not. Mono is neg; and nobody seems to understand how he worries about becoming sick as it causes fever and achiness as well. He works out regularly and eats well.

I use to have those same symtoms, swollen thoat, hurts when swallow, sometimes to a point where it would hurt my ears, my tonisils were affected and swollen, behind them was a hidden 'absest' which was holding bacteria and constantly making me sick. they only found it as they were removing my tonsils, and then popped it, i've been fine ever since!

My throat and head hurts really bad so now i just need to find out what it is!!!!!!!!!!!!

my head started hurted then my neck started hurting i dont know what's wrong :-( :-( :-( :-(

for many years i have been feeling a lump on the right side of my throat (uncomforatble, not painful) and i do not know what it is. i am very nervous to go and it checked because i'm afraid of having cancer and it doesn't make it any better that i smoke. the lump has been there since i started smoking over 8 years ago.. does anyone know what this lump is :-( :-( :-(

[Its not cancer if you have had it for 8 years, cancer spreads much faster than that. Get it checked out, def. not an emergency. "]

for many years i have been feeling a lump on the right side of my throat (uncomforatble, not painful) and i do not know what it is. i am very nervous to go and it checked because i'm afraid of having cancer and it doesn't make it any better that i smoke. the lump has been there since i started smoking over 8 years ago.. does anyone know what this lump is :( :( :(

I was eating a bowl of cereal and suddenly felt a mild but sharp pain on the top left side of my head. I put the bowl down and got quite concerned about it. It is still there but mild pain but also a sharp feeling sort of pain. Any advice or experience would be great. Paul

Ohkay so a couple of ya'll are freaking out about "lumps" being in your throat and im sure it's a scarry thing because i had a similar situation back in december. Well, it wasn't my neck; my wrist had a huge knot/lump in it and well I know the first thing that flew through my mind was cancer. But in my case and most others actually those lumps are only cysts and they are almost completely harmless. Most of the time it's a small buildup of liqued or something along those lines and these cysts either will get smaller and smaller by time until they are gone or theyll just chill their i guess you could say. I would still recomend seeing a docter just in case but in many cases those terrifying lumps you find are harmless..the cyst that was on my wrist wasn't dangerous what so ever but certain cysts can be uncomfotable at times depending on their location. mine being on my wrist; got annoying at times because i love to write and therefore i got it removed but it's nothign to freak out about but i'd suggest remaining cautious and watching the lump to see if the size changes or it becomes more painful. good luck with everything.

I have had a toothache all weekend and got and antibiotic from my dentist and all weekend i did not feel better im worried about the swallon in my lymph nodes in my neck right under my jaw does anyone have a clue what this could be? :|

go to the doctor he will be the only one to tell you

I was getting Strep about every month to 2 months. When I started getting strep I would either get a cold sore on my face before or after it came. I had never had cold sores before. After about 2 years of constantly having bad breath, swollen painful throat, ear aches, and just down right feeling crappy I had my tonsils removed. After taking out my tonsils they discovered they were infected with puss and I was always sick because my tonsils were constantly infected. Its been 2 years not and I have not had a sore throat or strep since then. I do have a sore throat today but when I went to the doctor he said its a viral infection. Take some cough drops. If you have cronic sore throats and strep more than twice a year you need to get it checked out. Adults dont need their tonsils sometimes they cause more pain than they are worth.