Good day. I am 26 years old, I gave a birth to a lovely boy three months ago. He is really amazing, he doesn't cry except when he has a colicky pain, and he has this for 10 or 15 days, I am not sure. He is constantly crying and I don't know what to do since this is my first kid and I don't have an experience at all. So, I was wondering, are there some medicines that I can use for colicky pain in infants? Is this safe in the first place? Do I need to consult my doctor before this? 

it is really hard to tell you can you use medicines in the first place, because it is a really small baby and medicines can have a huge side - effects for your baby. instead, consult someone who is an expert. I really can't recommend you medications, but I can recommend you some natural "moves" that you can actually do. for example, hold them upright after feeding. this can prevent a colicky pain - it is easy but very effective. also, you can always lay your baby on the back in the dark room. this is also one of the methods that I was using and it was extremely helpful. 

Superstar

I agree. I would always reach for some natural ways, not medicines. Generally, colicky pain should go away as soon as your baby is 4 months old. That is just some of the statistics. Also, this type of pain happens because of a lot of the air, so in order to prevent this, you should try a special bottle designed to reduce gas or a nipple with a smaller hole. So, in that case, I think that you should sit him up while he eats so he swallows less air. It always helps, trust me on this one. What medicines? No medicines, in this case, remember this. 

Celebrity

Good day there. Look, there are several medications that you can use. For example, you can use some anti-gas medications, herbal medications, antihistamines, etc. But please, don't do anything on your own hand, because you don't know what exactly can help your baby. I know that my sister was giving a Simethicone to her baby boy, but the doctor recommended it to her. This medication reduces the amount of gas in a baby's stomach by dispersing the foam that forms when the air that is swallowed during the feeding. So, you can ask a baby pediatrics about this, to see what he is going to tell you. 

hi guys. why does this colicky pain need to happen? I mean, three of my kids had this problem. all three of them and it was like I am surviving a nightmare all over again. a lot of moms told me that they don't see what was the problem because I had this problem with my first kid, I should learn how to treat it. Well, it is not the same, all the babies are different. But, one thing that really helped all of my babies was the tummy time. That means that you should lay your baby on their tummy. The change in position may help calm some colicky babies. You can also rub your baby back, slowly. It can also help a lot. Not totally, but it can. Trust me.

Celebrity

I understand that this colicky pain and constant crying in your baby is really molesting. But, sometimes there is nothing you can do. But also, you need to know that colic gets better on its own after a few months and if those medications won't help your baby, you really should wait to goes by itself. I don't know what else to tell you. I know, I am aware that a lot of parents didn't find this medication helpful when it comes to their babies, but there is nothing you can do about it. Sometimes, you just need to wait. 

Good day everyone. I would recommend you to try a lactase drops since this is an enzyme that actually can help to break down a sugar called lactose. This is a sugar that you can found in breast and formula milk. Now, you need to know that there is a huge possibility that your baby maybe has a temporary problem digesting lactose, which could contribute to their colicky symptoms that are present. I have tried a couple of them, and I can't even remember which one helped my baby, but they are helpful in most of the case. Maybe they won't make this pain to goes away totally, but your baby is going to feel relief for sure.

Health Advisor

Hello there. Drops are always a good idea. They are over-the-counter medication and they are safe, so that means that they do work in the most of the cases.

Also, another option is probiotic drops, because they can soothe some babies suffering from colic. 

Baby massage and winding are also another options that can help you relieve the symptoms and pain in your baby. 

Warm baths are also good in soothing digestive discomfort. This is the cheapest ways as well,  and if you combine it with some good tea, such as chamomile tea, I am sure that this will go away very soon.

Good luck!