I have HPV - 2 it started in High school around Grade 10/11 when I got this ugly wart on my ring finger. since then I was told I have it. I got it in the early stages before cancer. If I didnt catch it in time it would have went to Cancer. Scary eh. I was referred to the Womens clinic I have had 4 visit and none of the test are clear so have to go back in June 2011 for another appointment :-( I was really hoping for the clear so whats your story. I want a baby asap but wondering if that will hurt him/her when developing.

Hi! I understand your concern. I read that it is possible for you to pass the virus to your baby, but this doesn't happen very often. Even if your child does contract HPV, he's likely to overcome it on his own without any symptoms or problems. If you have genital warts, they may grow faster during pregnancy, possibly from the extra vaginal discharge that provides the virus with a moist growing environment, hormonal changes, or changes in your immune system. In most cases the warts won't pose any problems for you or your baby. I hope this helps.