Hello. I'm 26 year old male and I'm very worried for my father. About a week ago he was diagnosed with one very serious skin disorder called psoriasis.
The first skin changes were localized on his elbows and his knees. They looked to me like some strange patches of raised, reddish skin covered by silvery-white scale. Then he contacted his doctor over this which sent him to see some dermatologist. She couldn’t tell is this classic form of some psoriasis or generalized. From what I have heard- this is autoimmune disease and I know that it means that it is very serious! Can someone please tell me more about this strange disease?

Hello. I see that you know some facts and that you are familiar with some details about this disease but I must point you on some directions. The pathogenic process of this diseases is immune but not auto-immune as you think it is.
Researchers now believe that psoriasis is an immune-mediated condition in which body overreacts and accelerate the growth of skin cells which normally mature and are being shed from the skin’s surface every 28 to 30 days. It is also believed that the heredity factor plays a big role. I must tell you that there is no definite cure for psoriasis but there are many new therapies which offer improvements of quality of life.