Hello. I'm 45 year old male and I really can describe how frightened I'm right now. It all begun with strange pain localized on my left foot. I didn’t know what it could be but I thought it was something harmless.
Then the pain started to grow and to spread on other parts of the foot such as ball of the foot and fingers.
Approximately in the same time some small lump showed just above my fingers. I've contacted my GP and he took skin biopsy which hurt like hell. He also told me that, judging by localization, he suspects it could be some Morton’s neurosis. While I'm waiting for the biopsy results- can anybody tell me more about this disorder?

Well, I have heard about Morton’s neuroma on the same localization and I believe we are talking about the same condition.
Don’t be frightened but I must tell you that a neuroma is in fact a benign tumor of a nerve.
This tumor is special because Morton's neuroma is not actually a tumor, but a thickening of the tissue that surrounds the nerve of your toes. Initial therapy involves only changes in footwear and custom shoe inserts and pads to relieve pain.
If this doesn’t help then your doctor will probably prescribe you some anti-inflammatory drugs or cortisone injections.
Surgical removal occurs only if nothing else is left to try!