I have heard that preeclampsia is dangerous condition that each pregnant woman should take care. Although I have never suffered of this, while I was pregnant two times before, now I am worried. One friend of mine told me about case when her friend experienced terrible things because of it. Now I am pregnant again and this time I want to know as much about these conditions. Can you explain to me how to recognize this, which are symptoms of preeclampsia?

Preeclampsia is condition unique to pregnancy in which a mother develops hypertension. This condition is often associated with signs such as water retention and protein in the urine. The mother with preeclampsia may have symptoms such as headache, edema and visual disturbances. She might notice this as blurred vision, tunnel vision or sparkles of light in her visual field. In a few cases, she may experience pain in the upper outer quadrant of the abdomen, which signifies liver involvement in preeclampsia problem. In extreme cases, the woman may have seizures, but this is rare symptom. Mothers and babies can die because of severe preeclampsia, so this is definitely something every mother should be warranted. Sometimes, this condition develops in mothers who are having their first baby and it tends to occur toward the end of their pregnancy. Once that mother had preeclampsia, she is at a slightly higher risk with her subsequent pregnancies. For now, the reason what causes this condition is not known, but doctors are learning much about it and its various subtypes each day.

Pregnancy is different for every woman, but if diagnosed with preeclampsia it can be miserable, even fatal. Experiencing symptoms like high blood pressure, swelling (particularly in the hands and feet), sudden weight gain, headaches, sudden onset of nausea or vomiting after the first trimester, changes in vision, or stomach and/or right shoulder pain, could mean preeclampsia. But it’s often diagnosed too late, with the only “cure” being delivery. Women are often put on bed-rest for the remainder of their pregnancy and may deliver prematurely. However, there is a new test that can prevent complications from preeclampsia and help your pregnancy to full term: the MIST test. This is a non-invasive test given between the 16 and 20 weeks of pregnancy and can determine whether or not you will develop preeclampsia and will then be able to take proper precautions. Give yourself peace of mind and ask your doctor today for the MIST test. Check out http://www.misttechnologies.com/ for more information.