My mother passed in mid-December, and since thenI have had abnormal blood and urine tests. My sugar level went up, my kidney protein count went down, and my cholesterol went to 259. Generally, I watch my sugar, and cholesterol, but indulged myself in comfort foods from the 15th of December through Jan 7. I had to collect a 24 hr. urine sample and the results were that my kidney protein count was low. I then was directed to a nephrologist...results not in and took another blood test on Feb. 1st. To alleviate the negative high levels of sugar and cholesterol, I removed refined sugar completely, changed to whole wheat products, eat well with fruits, chicken breast and fish, no sugar added yogurt, and drink no soda anyway, just light fruit juices and water. I have been belching excessively, and can hear the gastric juices gurgling. I am not and never have been overweight. We do have insulin junkies (diabetics) in my mother's side of the family. I feel somewhat fatigued, and have pain in my left back shoulder blade, and under my arm. It feels as if I have continuous heartburn. I find this unusual as I eat no fatty foods, sugar, or red meat, or pork. What could be wrong?

I am no medical expert but do have a family full of Type 2 diabetics and I have watch out for this disease myself. Sounds like you need to have an A1C test conducted right away. This test will tell you what your blood hemoglobin level (average) in relation to sugar has been for the last three months. But be careful, even if your numbers are are below 5 on this test, you could still be a diabetic......you just kept the sugars out of your system. If you get a low reading.....request a glucose test to find out what your body does after you eat certain foods. For example.....those without diabetes should rarely see their blood sugar levels spike to more than the 130-140's, even after a bucket of sugar...and when their sugar goes that high, these numbers drop quickly because their pancreas are working the way they should. However, if you are a Type 2.....your numbers will shoot up drastically, way above 140 and they might remain there for a while. If this is the case, congratulations, you are a diabetic.....no big deal though, just get that sugar down with the help of a good doctor, and continue to eat better, like you have been..........yes your life will have to change etc and you cant be slamming Whoppers and milk shakes, but no one should be doing that anyway. About your low protein in your kidneys? Well from what I know, low levels of protein in your kidneys isn't necesarily a bad thing.....it's when you have too much and stary pissing out the protein that you have to be careful......good luck.