Hi, I want to start using artificial sweeteners as I am in pre-diabetic state, and I also have family history of diabetes. Which sweeteners the safest for long-term use?

Hi, I use NutrasweetTM and Sweet & LowTM for many years since my parents are diabetics. Many claims have been said about their safety or danger they present for health. But, as it is for me the most important to keep intake of sugar on the low level, I believe that they are providing me more benefit, than harm. I don’t believe that Saccharin and Aspartam are dangerous, since millions of diabetes sufferers use it safely for many years of their lives. Actually, aspartam is broken down in the body to substances which are normally found in the body, and ant acid is present in such small amount that any household cleansing product contain ingredients, which if inhaled, are much more deteriorating to your health.